Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

newbee

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2014, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
newbee

Hi guys, just wanted to introduce myself, just joined the group so I'm hoping to get some top of the line info and help when needed , of course I'm still new to all of this so hopefully I don't get jumped lol, however advice and or constructive criticism is welcome and needed for me, I just got a brand new x back labor day weekend and right now I have a Sakura 3in intake, Sakura street exhaust, turbosx hfc and a Cobb AP v3, also had a greddy type s bov but for some reason the turbo seemed to fluctuate a lot in high rpm so I'm running stock bov right now, but planning to get a AMS dp in the next month or two then tuning after that, is that a good idea? Should I do more parts? Am I doing the right stuff or should I upgrade other stuff before? Any info or advice helps thanks guys nice to meet you all
Old Nov 28, 2014, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
downpipe has minimal gains on stock turbo..i would recomend the ets open dump dp instead of the ams. Unless you are planning to autox your evo..but before you do a dp i would buy upper and lower intercooler piping, amd then get a pro tune and get rid of your ap
Old Nov 28, 2014, 04:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If he already has an AP, there's no reason to have to spend extra money...

The reason your car is running so ****ty is because you need to tune to account for your mods. Get the car tuned ASAP.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 09:40 PM

Ok so basically, I should just go ahead and pro tune my car? Doesn't matter if I plan to get more parts? Just go ahead and tune it? And yes I already bought the AP and I didnt know dp is less than icp but thanks for the info
Old Nov 28, 2014, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

If you plan on getting the parts soon, wait until you get the parts in, but if it's going to be a while, just get it tuned now, and then retuned later when the new parts get in.

Better to spend a $200 on a re-tune than have your engine running ****ty for a while...
Old Nov 28, 2014, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Treyzian
If you plan on getting the parts soon, wait until you get the parts in, but if it's going to be a while, just get it tuned now, and then retuned later when the new parts get in.

Better to spend a $200 on a re-tune than have your engine running ****ty for a while...
So in you op, should I get the uicp or dp? And as I said before I'm looking at maybe a month
Old Nov 28, 2014, 10:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sanoho
So in you op, should I get the uicp or dp? And as I said before I'm looking at maybe a month
And as was said, a tune is better. Without a tune you're not really doing anything. In fact you might even be reducing your performance. If you're getting both before the tune, I don't think it really matters which you get first. You won't see any gains until you get a tune.

For most people the order of mods seems to be:

(Cat back exhaust)
Turbo back exhaust
Intercooler
Upper/lower intercooler pipe
... and then it varies

The most cost effective mod in terms of $ to HP is a tune.

I'm surprised you're not having issues with an aftermarket intake and no tune. From what I've read the stock intake with a drop in filter is just fine with a stock turbo.

Even though it's in the 1-9 forum it's still pretty relevant to the X: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...g-dummies.html

Last edited by Ancyker; Nov 28, 2014 at 10:49 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:10 PM

Thanks for all the advice guys, I'm making plans to tune the car asap, prob by this week or weekend, I'm just going to go ahead and tune now and worry about the parts later
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sanoho
Thanks for all the advice guys, I'm making plans to tune the car asap, prob by this week or weekend, I'm just going to go ahead and tune now and worry about the parts later
What I'm doing is saving up all the cash for the parts then having them installed and the car tuned in one go. I'm planning a tbe + intercooler + ebc + tune to start. From all my research those are the "biggest bang for the buck" mods.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 10:32 AM

glad to have you here