Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

For those with single exit exhausts

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2015, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those with single exit exhausts

I'm looking to change over to a single exit exhaust. The only thing is that I love the way my ETS Extreme sounds. Are there any single exits out there that sound close? I've looked through the forum and watched a bunch of videos on YouTube, but it's not the same as first hand experience..
Old Feb 22, 2015, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by GSRSTIKILR
I'm looking to change over to a single exit exhaust. The only thing is that I love the way my ETS Extreme sounds. Are there any single exits out there that sound close? I've looked through the forum and watched a bunch of videos on YouTube, but it's not the same as first hand experience..

I've heard that the ETS single tip titanium exhaust is pretty loud and drones a lot. I doubt it's as loud as the Extreme but still lol.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Theres nothing special about the extreme that makes it sound like that. Its like an exhaust with no restrictions(muffler,cat). I have a 2005 VIII with a buschur straight exhaust with big cams that sounds menacing. Get an ETS or AMS single exit and get it with a test pipe and no muffler. You will have the same sounding exhaust as you do now, just without all the extra weight. I personally think a test pipe setup with a nice muffler sounds worlds better, though. than having a straight through exhaust. Especially for the street.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jakee
I've heard that the ETS single tip titanium exhaust is pretty loud and drones a lot. I doubt it's as loud as the Extreme but still lol.
Haha yea, thanks
Old Feb 22, 2015, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Viegasjuice
Theres nothing special about the extreme that makes it sound like that. Its like an exhaust with no restrictions(muffler,cat). I have a 2005 VIII with a buschur straight exhaust with big cams that sounds menacing. Get an ETS or AMS single exit and get it with a test pipe and no muffler. You will have the same sounding exhaust as you do now, just without all the extra weight. I personally think a test pipe setup with a nice muffler sounds worlds better, though. than having a straight through exhaust. Especially for the street.
Yea I know the Extreme gets its tone from the fact that there's no muffler etc. I'm sure your 8 sounds like a beast, always been jealous of how good the 8/9s sound. Thanks for the advice
Old Feb 22, 2015, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Why do you want the single if you already like your current setup? Just curious...
Old Feb 22, 2015, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema
Why do you want the single if you already like your current setup? Just curious...

I'm not sure why the OP wants to get rid of the setup but people usually prefer the single exit exhaust for several reasons:

1.) single exit exhaust systems weight a lot less
2.) looks/preference
3.) more power gains from a single exit
Old Feb 22, 2015, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema
While I love the sound of the Extreme, it won't pass emissions and sometimes gets the wrong attention. Personally I like the single exit look better. I've had one in the past, but it sounded the same as the stock exhaust so I sold it.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Ah cool that makes sense.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Yea I know the Extreme gets its tone from the fact that there's no muffler etc. I'm sure your 8 sounds like a beast, always been jealous of how good the 8/9s sound. Thanks for the advice
I feel the VIII/IX/X can all sound the same. I would do single exit with a muffler. Swap out the test pipe for cat during emissions.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 04:51 PM

I feel the VIII/IX/X can all sound the same. I would do single exit with a muffler. Swap out the test pipe for cat during emissions.
I would definitely swap out the test pipe during emissions, but thanks to Iveytune I don't have a cat anymore.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

I would definitely swap out the test pipe during emissions, but thanks to Iveytune I don't have a cat anymore.
Hmm. Are you opposed to a highflow?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 06:06 AM

Hmm. Are you opposed to a highflow?
Not really. Where I live right now they don't require emissions, so I lucked out, but I move around a lot. Do you think a high flow and a Catback with a muffler would have any issue passing emissions?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 06:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ams?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

tomei

Quick Reply: For those with single exit exhausts