Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

high knock count? help

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2015, 03:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
high knock count? help

Really curious why I have such a high knock count did a few pulls a few days ago and had only 1 count of knock and did a pull today and had up to 7 counts of knock. Is this bad? Is there a reason why I'm getting such a high knock reading today compared to a few days go? My mods consist of a Cobb Access Port stage 1 +AEM intake and a magnaflow catback exhaust. i don't know if this matters but the engine only has roughly 6000 kms on it it was a crate engine that was dropped in and was replaced by warranty due to a defect in the old engine.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...KdVk2blE#gid=0
Old Mar 25, 2015, 04:59 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jeffpinto
Really curious why I have such a high knock count did a few pulls a few days ago and had only 1 count of knock and did a pull today and had up to 7 counts of knock. Is this bad? Is there a reason why I'm getting such a high knock reading today compared to a few days go? My mods consist of a Cobb Access Port stage 1 +AEM intake and a magnaflow catback exhaust. i don't know if this matters but the engine only has roughly 6000 kms on it it was a crate engine that was dropped in and was replaced by warranty due to a defect in the old engine.

Could be many factors involved.
You need to do a bunch of logs more to pinpoint when it happens.
Get a protune too!
GL!
Old Apr 1, 2015, 11:07 AM

I don't know if this would matter or not but was the car fully warmed up or not? This is just my personal experience, but after my new turbo install I can let the car warm up for 10 minutes and still get a high knock count if I havn't driven the car a little first to fully warm it up. I even had as high of a count as 27! But once the car is fully warmed up it's completely fine.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 10:11 PM

Warming up the car does matter.
Fuel quality matters too.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 09:24 AM

you are in California so we already have the crappiest gas in the 50 states

what map are you using on your cobb? have you had it reflashed?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 04:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jeffpinto
By AP Stage 1 do you mean you're using stage 1 map that comes on the AP? If so, that's your problem. The OTS maps aren't calibrated for your CAI and exhaust.