Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

new guy. And sadly in need of a little help

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2015, 02:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new guy. And sadly in need of a little help

I've been a lurker here for awhile now. You guys actually helped inspire me to buy my 2014 Evo GSR really. I got it a couple of weeks ago and decided to break her in by doing a cross country road trip. Which was awesome! Only..now there's a problem.

I hit a dog.

A really big dog.

I'm not very mechanically inclined at all. I bought the car to learn how to work on cars myself and my way around them. Suffice to say my car is in a bad way i think and I don't know what to do or where to start. Can anybody give me a little advice on what could possibly be damaged?

http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/trip_like_me/library/Mobile%20Uploads?sort=3&page=1
Old Mar 31, 2015, 05:42 AM

Doesn't look that bad honestly.

All that's really down in that corner is the LICP and a radiator hose... I'm sure there's probably some other minor stuff too.

I think you'll be fine just taking it to a body shop and letting them straighten you out.

Is the dog ok?
Old Mar 31, 2015, 07:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
From what I can see in the pics it really isn't bad at all. Your intercooler pipe could be bent. Does the car drive strait? You will at least need...

- bumper cover
- fog light (can be found cheaply on here if you just ask, a number of folks upgrade to the fog light delete kit)
- front left under panel (suggest searching mitsubishiparts.net for this)
- wheel well cover
- misc plastic fasteners

You can be back on the road again for as little as couple hundred bucks (used parts). Body shop shop might charge you $1,500 (maybe a tad more if they need to paint a new bumper cover).

Last edited by steve0677; Mar 31, 2015 at 07:08 AM.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 11:00 AM

Thanks for the quick replies

To answer earlier, sadly the dog didn't make it. After the accident I spun the car around and tried to protect the dog with my car but a trucker didn't pay attention to my hazards and me waving him over to the other side. It was a really dark and out of the way road so he probably blew me off.

Does anyone know any great evo bodyshops in california? Any that can get the car like new?
Old Mar 31, 2015, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Glad youre ok.

I hit a coyote and ran it over a few months ago. similar damage but on the other side... Same year, color and almost miles too!

Hoping to get it fixed up in next month now that winter is just about over.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by trip_like_me
To answer earlier, sadly the dog didn't make it. After the accident I spun the car around and tried to protect the dog with my car but a trucker didn't pay attention to my hazards and me waving him over to the other side. It was a really dark and out of the way road so he probably blew me off.

Does anyone know any great evo bodyshops in california? Any that can get the car like new?
Sad to hear the dog didn't make it. Good job doing your part to try and help though.

What part of California are you in?
Old Apr 3, 2015, 07:17 AM

LOL. IDK why I'm laughing to this topic, was wondering how could you not see a big dog
Old Apr 3, 2015, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Keilski27
LOL. IDK why I'm laughing to this topic, was wondering how could you not see a big dog
Dont see much humor in it at all. He also claimed it was dark at night on possibly some back roads.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 02:43 PM

Go look to see if the $100 wicked white bumper is for sale on the socal evo parts fb page!