Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

ETS V2 Turbo back

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2015, 01:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed my ets intake tonight..everything is simple except for the DAMN coupler going to the turbo!!! Ive got some battle wounds outa tryna get it to fit and be able to clamp the t bolts on. No CEL and car FOR SURE feels a lot better.
Old May 22, 2015, 03:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Viegasjuice
Installed my ets intake tonight..everything is simple except for the DAMN coupler going to the turbo!!! Ive got some battle wounds outa tryna get it to fit and be able to clamp the t bolts on. No CEL and car FOR SURE feels a lot better.
I did my ETS intake this past weekend and that first coupler on the turbo gave me a hard time too. The intake is another awesome product by ETS though.
Old May 22, 2015, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03evo8racer
I did my ETS intake this past weekend and that first coupler on the turbo gave me a hard time too. The intake is another awesome product by ETS though.
Yes it is!! The car now pulls way better from a stop, acellerates much faster and doesnt fall off at 5k anymore. The sounds of the intake suction and even stock bov is awesome, feels like an evo now!
Old May 22, 2015, 08:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I ordered the v2 Quiet this week, hopefully should arrive next week! Ive heard the standard v2, as well as the quiet in person and I think the quiet with a HFC or test pipe sound much better! Deep rumble, makes it sound the way the car was meant to!

And yes, you can run their intake without a tune. Their intake retains the OEM MAF housing so you will not be throwing off any readings. If you want all the benefits of the added horse power it can/will provide then yes, you need a tune. However, you do NOT need a tune to simply run it and enjoy the small increase of power you will receive running it stand alone.

Hope this helps.

-Ryan
Old May 22, 2015, 09:40 AM

I have the ETS V2 Extreme catback... Everything else is stock and it idles like stock once its warm. WOT/Cold start sounds like a fighter jet taking off though
Old May 22, 2015, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Volkey
I ordered the v2 Quiet this week, hopefully should arrive next week! Ive heard the standard v2, as well as the quiet in person and I think the quiet with a HFC or test pipe sound much better! Deep rumble, makes it sound the way the car was meant to!

And yes, you can run their intake without a tune. Their intake retains the OEM MAF housing so you will not be throwing off any readings. If you want all the benefits of the added horse power it can/will provide then yes, you need a tune. However, you do NOT need a tune to simply run it and enjoy the small increase of power you will receive running it stand alone.

Hope this helps.

-Ryan
Let me know how it goes! i'm looking at ETS as well. Debating on V2 Quiet with the high flow cat since my evo is also my DD here in Las Vegas.
Old May 22, 2015, 03:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Right now we have a build time of a week to week and a half on new orders. If you have any questions on when your order is shipping out please send us an email to sales@extremeturbosystems.com

The ETS intake is safe to run without a tune because we use the factory MAF housing. Most of the other intakes on the market change the diameter of the MAF tube which alters signal from the MAF to the ECU.

Thanks!

Michael
Old May 22, 2015, 08:34 PM

Ets V2 extreme & non-resonated (race) test pipe owner here! Getting the same combination as me would be too aggressive though. Don't worry about passing the emissions for now because your car is still basically only a year old lol. Plus you won't really feel the added power with the hfc compared to ETS' race version.
Old May 25, 2015, 10:30 AM

I run ETS intake and ETS quiet exhaust with a high flow cat and love their products. Excellent quality. Great sound from the exhaust.
Old May 26, 2015, 01:23 PM

Ordered my ETS v2 cat back last Monday, called today for an ETA, apparently I wont be getting it until next Friday, the 5th?! Pretty weak that the customer has to call to get an ETA of almost 3 weeks from ordering to get a cat back exhaust if you ask me.
Old May 26, 2015, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Ordered my ETS v2 cat back last Monday, called today for an ETA, apparently I wont be getting it until next Friday, the 5th?! Pretty weak that the customer has to call to get an ETA of almost 3 weeks from ordering to get a cat back exhaust if you ask me.
Dont be unreasonable. Be happy that when you call they talk to you the way a business should. Everything they sell is built to order, they dont have stuff stocked and ready to go. In the past month I purchased a single exit catback that they custom made for me, 2 weeks and it was at my door. Then an intake, 2 weeks was at my door. Now a Upper intercooler pipe and test pipe, next week will be at my door for a total of 2 weeks from time i purchased it. Not bad for top quality/top service and I am sure theyre very busy this time of the year.
Old May 27, 2015, 07:27 PM

I have the V2 normal exhaust and love the sound. My buddy has the extreme and i'm not a fan of it.
Old May 30, 2015, 01:14 PM

Dont be unreasonable. Be happy that when you call they talk to you the way a business should. Everything they sell is built to order, they dont have stuff stocked and ready to go. In the past month I purchased a single exit catback that they custom made for me, 2 weeks and it was at my door. Then an intake, 2 weeks was at my door. Now a Upper intercooler pipe and test pipe, next week will be at my door for a total of 2 weeks from time i purchased it. Not bad for top quality/top service and I am sure theyre very busy this time of the year.
How is asking for a simple phone call from a company you just gave $1000 dollars to unreasonable..?
Old May 30, 2015, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

How is asking for a simple phone call from a company you just gave $1000 dollars to unreasonable..?
What I am saying is, they make it clear there is up to a 2 week build time on new orders. It is not like you are waiting on parts from japan that take 6 months and you never get any updates. I know for me, everytime my part is shipping I get an email notification from ETS. I remember when I was getting my calipers powdercoated. It was a local guy doing the work. Powdercoat/rebuild. it took him almost 4 MONTHS!! yes, you heard right. I never got any phone calls or texts/updates NOTHING unless I called..That is flat out terrible especially when they promised 3 weeks tops.
Old May 30, 2015, 07:46 PM

This is what ill be doing(VA). Does it become a PITA? Seized
Bolts etc.
Don't.

Passed inspection and inspection, both with Test Pipe (worse than HFCs) and a Single Exhaust.

As long as you're tuned and you're not throwing any codes, you should be fine.

All they did was plug in their OBDII and look for codes.

It was in Fairfax County, VA.

Quick Reply: ETS V2 Turbo back