Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

ETS V2 Turbo back

Old May 20, 2015, 10:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ETS V2 Turbo back

I've been searching for a turbo back with a HI flow CAT and I keep getting pointed too an ETS V2 Turbo back with a HI flow CAT. I want to keep a CAT because I live in CA and I would like to know the opinion of the forum if this is a good choice. I have a stock 2014 Evo X GSR with less than 10k miles. It has 1 mod, a K&N Typhoon CAI and no tune. If there any other suggestions for a turbo back with a hi flow CAT I'd like to hear about it.
Old May 20, 2015, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Drknative
I've been searching for a turbo back with a HI flow CAT and I keep getting pointed too an ETS V2 Turbo back with a HI flow CAT. I want to keep a CAT because I live in CA and I would like to know the opinion of the forum if this is a good choice. I have a stock 2014 Evo X GSR with less than 10k miles. It has 1 mod, a K&N Typhoon CAI and no tune. If there any other suggestions for a turbo back with a hi flow CAT I'd like to hear about it.
People like anything ETS puts out, im sure youll be happy. I run a custom single from ETS and im in love.
Old May 20, 2015, 11:13 PM
Evolving Member

I could be wrong as I dont live in cali but I've heared that the hi flow cat wont pass emissions there. But you really should get a tune since your running a intake the newer X's run leaner from the factory. If you do exhaust to you will deffinitly wanna get a tune.
Old May 21, 2015, 05:52 AM
Evolving Member

I've herd great things about there exhausts. Ets makes great parts. I ran there parts on my IX and just installed there intake on my X. I'm also looking into there exhaust just torn between going with the V2 and the V2 quiet.
Old May 21, 2015, 07:01 AM

Thanks guys for the insight. I have looked up about maybe the intake making the car too lean but everything I've found says it actually runs rich from factory. I think I'll be ok but I can't say for sure without a dyno and some maps. I don't have those yet because the intake was put in 3 days ago but for sure I will not be adding an thing else without a tune. Since we are on tuning I have looked at getting the Access Port. I've heard good and bad about it and I'm not sure if it's something worth getting? What do you guys think?
Old May 21, 2015, 09:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
I would highly recommend looking at our exhaust system We have one of the highest flowing exhaust system on the market.

We also offer FREE SHIPPING on all turboback exhaust systems.

http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/E...Package-2.html

Thanks!

Michael
Old May 21, 2015, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
You don't really need the downpipe unless you have a bigger turbo, so just get the catback exhaust and not worry about it?

If you have a bigger turbo then disregard :X
Old May 21, 2015, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
I run the ETS V2 quiet on my Evo X with their test pipe and it sounds amazing. It has a deep low rumble at idle and when crusing and a bellowing rasp under WOT. Great exhaust for the street. On a side note ditch the K&N typhoon for a ETS intake. Theirs can also be ran without a tune.
Old May 21, 2015, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema
You don't really need the downpipe unless you have a bigger turbo, so just get the catback exhaust and not worry about it?

If you have a bigger turbo then disregard :X
This holds true unless you're like me and you love 02 dumps
Old May 21, 2015, 01:03 PM

Anything that is not an OEM cat will not pass smog in California. So just get a test pipe and swap it out a couple days before smog.
Old May 21, 2015, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoxsteez
Anything that is not an OEM cat will not pass smog in California. So just get a test pipe and swap it out a couple days before smog.
This is what ill be doing(VA). Does it become a PITA? Seized
Bolts etc.
Old May 21, 2015, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Viegasjuice
This is what ill be doing(VA). Does it become a PITA? Seized
Bolts etc.
If you remove it every 1-2 years for smog you shouldn't have trouble with bolts. Unless they are extremely rusted lol
Old May 21, 2015, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoxsteez
If you remove it every 1-2 years for smog you shouldn't have trouble with bolts. Unless they are extremely rusted lol
Good, cause my ETS test pipe is already on the way lmao.
Old May 21, 2015, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by e_kobz
I run the ETS V2 quiet on my Evo X with their test pipe and it sounds amazing. It has a deep low rumble at idle and when crusing and a bellowing rasp under WOT. Great exhaust for the street. On a side note ditch the K&N typhoon for a ETS intake. Theirs can also be ran without a tune.
Ets intake can be ran without a tune really? Thought you need a tune for a intake?
Old May 22, 2015, 12:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CThao21
Ets intake can be ran without a tune really? Thought you need a tune for a intake?
A tune is recommended for the best results, but it can be ran without one. Hopefully Michael will chime in and give some more detail

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ETS V2 Turbo back