Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Cheap or Expensive exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2015, 06:32 PM
db1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheap or Expensive exhaust?

So I have been reading on the forum and I haven't gotten a definate answer. But just as the title saids. For instance I'm looking at a CNT exhaust which I have read is really good for the price same goes with mxp. But as far as how they perform all I heard was that they sounds awesome. So how do these exhaust compare to the bigger name and more expesive exhaust? Thanks!
Old Aug 30, 2015, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by db1
So I have been reading on the forum and I haven't gotten a definate answer. But just as the title saids. For instance I'm looking at a CNT exhaust which I have read is really good for the price same goes with mxp. But as far as how they perform all I heard was that they sounds awesome. So how do these exhaust compare to the bigger name and more expesive exhaust? Thanks!
It'll work fine. Exhaust's are more personal preference. Granted some companies are better than others in terms of design (less bends), materials used, fitment, etc.

Last edited by e_kobz; Aug 30, 2015 at 07:41 PM.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 07:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They say... buy cheap, buy twice.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JP3NS
That's smart. I pay the stupid tax plenty and it's often due to trying to save some money.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 07:44 PM
db1

I plan to drive my evo in the winter so I was just thinking maybe I should go cheap.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 07:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not saying cnt or mxp are bad exhaust , as I know nothing about them but if you buy quality parts they will last through the seasons
Old Aug 31, 2015, 07:15 AM
Evolving Member

I have an ETS V2 quiet exhaust and couldn't be happier. Not the cheapest and definitely not the most expensive, but for the quality, looks, sound, and price it's hard to beat. Also, don't be fooled by the "quiet" name lol
Old Aug 31, 2015, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by jayt27
I have an ETS V2 quiet exhaust and couldn't be happier. Not the cheapest and definitely not the most expensive, but for the quality, looks, sound, and price it's hard to beat. Also, don't be fooled by the "quiet" name lol
This I'm a big fan of ETS and all their products. I too have the V2 Quiet, love it. I definitely wouldn't say it's quiet either. It certainly has some volume
Old Aug 31, 2015, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Any exhaust made from quality steel will be similar in function. It all comes down to preference on how the exhaust looks. I daily drove my X with an Invidia Q300 all winter for 2 years. I took it off to sell last month, and the piping was perfect.

Just pick what you think looks nice and go for it.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
Not saying cnt or mxp are bad exhaust , as I know nothing about them but if you buy quality parts they will last through the seasons
MXP is made by a division of Mackin Industries:
http://www.mxp-performance.com/?page_id=2

So, if you are worried about the company behind Volk, Rays, Advan, etc. I guess you might worry about the exhaust.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by splattj
MXP is made by a division of Mackin Industries:
http://www.mxp-performance.com/?page_id=2

So, if you are worried about the company behind Volk, Rays, Advan, etc. I guess you might worry about the exhaust.
They don't make the wheels. They are just a distributor for the US. Completely unrelated.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
I'm sorry I wasn't clear about that. You are correct but they don't sell cheap, low quality brands; which is my point.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
I'd mod your car, then decide if you even need one. After adding a testpipe and UICP I drove next to my wife and had her floor it and my car sounds awesome. Nice deep furnace of hell sound... was going to get an exhaust, now just don't feel it needs one. It's not as noticeable inside, but outside you'd be surprised how good your car might actually sound.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 01:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
As long as it is quality material it will last. A straight SS pipe is all you really need. Sometimes you pay a lot just for a name.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:42 PM
db1

Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema
I'd mod your car, then decide if you even need one. After adding a testpipe and UICP I drove next to my wife and had her floor it and my car sounds awesome. Nice deep furnace of hell sound... was going to get an exhaust, now just don't feel it needs one. It's not as noticeable inside, but outside you'd be surprised how good your car might actually sound.
Any videos/clips?

Quick Reply: Cheap or Expensive exhaust?