Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

ebrake has side to side play?

Old Nov 22, 2015, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
ebrake has side to side play?

Hi everyone. Curious about your cars. My ebrake has side to side play (driver seat to passenger seat). Very noticeable, has been like this since new. I searched the forum and a few others have it to. Would love to hear how your car is and your take on it. Thanks!
Old Nov 22, 2015, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Mine feels tight as a virgin. Pull your console and take a look at it. I don't know if it is adjustable or not.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Interesting, thank you. I searched the forum and it sounds like pulling the console only results in taking up slack in the ebrake, and not adjusting side to side play.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw this thread and checked mine which is still new and I realized I have some side to side play too only when the e brake is down tho. Weird I'll ask the dealer about it next time I'm up there
Old Nov 23, 2015, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tucci_973
I saw this thread and checked mine which is still new and I realized I have some side to side play too only when the e brake is down tho. Weird I'll ask the dealer about it next time I'm up there
Same, only when its down. What dealer do you use?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 03:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
so?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 12:11 PM

I'm not really worried about it because I didn't even notice it until I saw this thread and I use route 46 Mitsubishi
Old Nov 24, 2015, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tucci_973
I'm not really worried about it because I didn't even notice it until I saw this thread and I use route 46 Mitsubishi
How are they? Paramus Mitsubishi is terrible.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 10:02 PM

Not really sure yet. Havent really had to use them yet for work but they seem to be nice. A lot of the sales people have evos! The guy I bought mine from bought one like a week before me lol
Old Nov 27, 2015, 04:12 AM
Evolved Member

I bought mine there, good deal.
Service department couldn't even balance a tire to a moderate level of steering wheel shake...
Paramus just flat out idiots. They couldn't swap a TPMS, neither change a HID light bulb.
All free incidents I told you here is actually documented. lol

I left Paramus with a half hanging under panel also.

Both Service is in my book a no go and truly a testament of the failing Mitsubishi Motors North America. Really bad experience both.

Sales on the 46 is great though.

The BEST service I ever had in the states including every dealership I visited is in New York, Goshen . Healey Brothers Mitsubishi. Solves all my problem, all recalls everything you need ONCE and you can forget it! no going back and any other BS.
http://www.healeymitsu.com/

Just worth the drive by BIG time. There is a guy Mike who works on nothing but Evos. Best guys around.

Rob
Old Nov 27, 2015, 04:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
I bought mine there, good deal.
Service department couldn't even balance a tire to a moderate level of steering wheel shake...
Paramus just flat out idiots. They couldn't swap a TPMS, neither change a HID light bulb.
All free incidents I told you here is actually documented. lol

I left Paramus with a half hanging under panel also.

Both Service is in my book a no go and truly a testament of the failing Mitsubishi Motors North America. Really bad experience both.

Sales on the 46 is great though.

The BEST service I ever had in the states including every dealership I visited is in New York, Goshen . Healey Brothers Mitsubishi. Solves all my problem, all recalls everything you need ONCE and you can forget it! no going back and any other BS.
http://www.healeymitsu.com/

Just worth the drive by BIG time. There is a guy Mike who works on nothing but Evos. Best guys around.

Rob
Awesome. Thanks for this!!! I'll give them a shot when/if I need something. Right now I am avoiding dealerships as much as possible. Appreciate the advice. Paramus Mitsubishi is about as bad as I have ever seen. The service dept stopped talking to me mid sentence, I kid you not, to take a Domino's break. I am serious.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 04:28 AM
Evolved Member

Paramus shouldn't be exists by any means. The service department is a pure bottom of knowledge / customer service etc. Its just by definition of service they failing..

Anyhow, Healey you will be safe and happy, I promise. They never over charged me ( I heard right next to me they did a same with an other guy and woman many times, they stated no you don't need that why spend money... ? )

So just a nice people. Many times I also get a "silver" car wash at the local car wash too for free from them to driving up there.

https://m.facebook.com/HealeyMitsu/

Last edited by Robevo RS; Nov 27, 2015 at 08:41 AM.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 05:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
Paramus shouldn't be exists by any means. The service department is a pure bottom of knowledge / customer service etc. Its just by definition of service they failing..

Anyhow, Healey you will be safe and happy, I promise. They never over charged me ( I heard right next to me they did a same with an other guy and woman many times, they stated no you don't need that why spend money... ? )

So just a nice people. Many times I also get a "silver" car wash at the local car wash too for free from them to driving up there.
Awesome awesome! My biggest concern with my Evo was service, because Paramus was so terrible, but I feel a lot better now. Thanks. Paramus put the wrong oil in my car too. They are just...terrible.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 12:36 PM

At lot attendant at rt 46 scratched my hood when I bought it so I have to drop it off for them to fix sometime soon. Like said above I'm trying to avoid the dealer as much as possible and when I do need dealer work I might take that ride. My good friend has his own shop right by my dealer and has owned 5 evos so far and currently has one that's got about 800 horsepower so I feel so much better going there for anything I need any small stuff done. Took me 15 mins to do my oil change the other day
Old Nov 27, 2015, 12:38 PM

The thing my mechanic always loves about Paramus mitsu. Is that they always have parts for his 8 in stock that's about the only good thing I've heard about them