Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

ETS Intake NOT compatible with aftermarket BOVs?! I need Help Installing a BOV!

Old May 27, 2016, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
ETS Intake NOT compatible with aftermarket BOVs?! I need Help Installing a BOV!

ETS Intake NOT compatible with aftermarket blow off valve? Seriously? The hoses that connect to the stocj blow off valve are specifically made for the STOCK BOV i was told from a representative at ETS.

I'm having the world of trouble install my Go Fast Bits Response blow off valve! I also own the deceptor from go fast bits and they are both to small in circumference to fit into the ETS intake hoses.

How the hell did you guys get your bov to fit WITHOUT LEAKING? Maybe some of you do not know this but... it looks and fits like it is installed but in reality after my soap and water test it showed it was leaking from the ETS intake hoses because the ETS intake house is bigger than the blow off valve is. I clamped it down extremely tight and it still leak a little air. Then i wrapped the blow off valve connections with black tape so i could make it fit tighter in the ETS hoses and that DID help.. but it still leaked from the corner of the hoses! Not to mention that the ETS hoses are so unstable when you mount a blow off valve their that it just bounces back and fourth when installed.

So my questions are...

1.) How should i go about doing this install with my blow off valve that is smaller than the ETS intak hose and intercooler hose that connects to the BOV? Is their a special wrap i could use to make the bov bigger in size so it fits snug in the hoses without letting air out? Please suggest!

2.) Should i just order a ebay hose kit for the evo x and cut the silicone hoses to the length of the ETS hoses? If so, how do i go about cutting those silicone hoses perfectly?

THIS IS THE HOSE IM TALKING ABOUT, ALSO THE BOTTOM ONE
Old May 27, 2016, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
No experience with the GFB BOV fitment, but the Turbosmart BOV I had worked flawlessly for many thousands of miles with my ETS intake.

The GFB piece sucks anyway, just sell it and use the stock BOV.
Old May 27, 2016, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by shekaar
No experience with the GFB BOV fitment, but the Turbosmart BOV I had worked flawlessly for many thousands of miles with my ETS intake.

The GFB piece sucks anyway, just sell it and use the stock BOV.
I used the GFB blow off valve for many many years on my evo 8 and it worked PERFECT with no leaks. I now have that bov and the response and I'm determined to get them to fit some how.. I just wish their was a ETS hose that tapered down in size towards the bov...

I'm just looking for advice on how to get this installed and not really opinions of the bov. I've heard too many mixed reviews that are extremely good & bad. just like how cheap rims break... yet they never do.

Did your turbosmart bov fit snug when you shoved it into the hose? or was it loose and then you tighten it with the clamp?
Old May 27, 2016, 01:09 PM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Did the stock bov leak with the ets parts? There's your answer right there.
Old May 27, 2016, 01:12 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Originally Posted by .M.
Did the stock bov leak with the ets parts? There's your answer right there.
Exactly. The intake is designed stock bov. So you need an aftermarket BOV that has barbs the same size as stock.
Old May 27, 2016, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
To answer your question on the TS BOV, it fits just like stock.
Old May 27, 2016, 02:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Our intake uses the stock BOV hose size. It sounds like you have a BOV with a smaller size hose connection.

Fore reference here is my engine bay with our intake and a GFB BOV. (turbo kit and stock turbo intakes use the same bov/hose connections)

If you send a picture to sales@extremeturbosystems.com or link a picture of your setup I can tell you for sure what is going on.

Thanks,
Robert
The following users liked this post:
JDZNate (Feb 24, 2020)
Old May 27, 2016, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
http://www.gfb.com.au/products/adaptors/inlet-adaptors

Stock is 35MM IIRC. Don't buy from their site (will ship from Australia), just figure out the part number and go to Amazon or eBay.

Also, I used to run a GFB Respons. Great valve. No leaks and once setup and tuned, can flawlessly vented. Also worked perfectly with stock BOV hose as ordered new. You could have some issue?
Old May 27, 2016, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
Our intake uses the stock BOV hose size. It sounds like you have a BOV with a smaller size hose connection.

Fore reference here is my engine bay with our intake and a GFB BOV. (turbo kit and stock turbo intakes use the same bov/hose connections)

If you send a picture to sales@extremeturbosystems.com or link a picture of your setup I can tell you for sure what is going on.

Thanks,
Robert
You are saying i have a GFB BOV with a smaller size hose connection... i thought they were all the same, even the one that is pictured in your post..? How did you get your GFB bov to fit snug? I have the exact intake hose your are speaking of. Are you using any adapters?

Last edited by TxFAkuma; May 27, 2016 at 08:33 PM.
Old May 27, 2016, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rico05
http://www.gfb.com.au/products/adaptors/inlet-adaptors

Stock is 35MM IIRC. Don't buy from their site (will ship from Australia), just figure out the part number and go to Amazon or eBay.

Also, I used to run a GFB Respons. Great valve. No leaks and once setup and tuned, can flawlessly vented. Also worked perfectly with stock BOV hose as ordered new. You could have some issue?
Honestly, i could hug you. This might actually work for me! How do you suggest i figure out the part number? so i can order the correct adapter.. Which one is the inlet adapter and which one is the outlet adapter? Inlet is the top intake hose?

I would also look for it online on ebay or amazon but knowning my luck i wont find it... ugh.

If you say the STOCK BOV is 35MM. Maybe i should order the "33mm Respons/Deceptor Pro inlet" from that page.. It would be similar to that size.. or MAYBE "35mm hose/1" pipe Respons/Deceptor Pro inlet"? just so i can get deeper within the hose?

Last edited by TxFAkuma; May 27, 2016 at 08:35 PM.
Old May 28, 2016, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

Thier site is down at the moment, but just click on which size you need and it will give you a part number. The stock is just over 1" (ie ~25mm is an inch) IIRC stock is 1.25"/33mm. That part # is GFB-5333.

I just did a quick look, and seems Amazon does not sell, so eBay or direct from GFB it is.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...-5333&_sacat=0

or
https://www.extremepsi.com/store/pro...roductid=30033
Old May 28, 2016, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rico05
Thier site is down at the moment, but just click on which size you need and it will give you a part number. The stock is just over 1" (ie ~25mm is an inch) IIRC stock is 1.25"/33mm. That part # is GFB-5333.

I just did a quick look, and seems Amazon does not sell, so eBay or direct from GFB it is.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...-5333&_sacat=0

or
https://www.extremepsi.com/store/pro...roductid=30033
You have helped me so much. I am going to order the one in the extreme link you posted. I hope it works. Thank You Very Much
Old May 29, 2016, 07:29 AM
Evolving Member

Sure thing. It goes without saying, take a quick measurement of the inlet on the BOV before spending the cash. If you don't have one, you can get a reliable enough digital vernier caliper at Harbor Freight. I keep one in my tool box just for quick and dirty measurements just like this. Just don't go speccing rod bearings with it haha.
Old May 31, 2016, 08:10 AM
Former Sponsor

I have a feeling you're using a blow off valve with a 1.25" inlet/outlet tube instead of 1.375" like the factory blow off valve. You may be able to tighten the hose down tight enough to work, but it's best to find a blow off valve with a 1.375" inlet and outlet tube.

Thanks,

Michael
Old May 31, 2016, 10:21 AM
Former Sponsor

33mm is the size GFB notes. It should be part# GFB5333 and GFB5233 for the inlet and outlet adapters.

- Robert

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ETS Intake NOT compatible with aftermarket BOVs?! I need Help Installing a BOV!