Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

The golden unicorn

Old Aug 27, 2016, 08:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The golden unicorn

So back in January i sold my 2013 STI and purchased a Tundra. Six months go by and i really start to miss that car. So i decide to sell the Tundra and go for an Evo X. I found a nice 2012 with 22k miles and dove in with some mods, Ohlins, ETS intercooler, Tomei exhaust, etc. The thing that amazes me is the presence the Evo X has on the street. When i drove the STI i hardly ever got a second look... and that was fine. The Evo turns heads almost every time i drive it, thumbs up, camera phones, etc. It's like a mythical golden unicorn or something. With the little bit I've driven it in the first month i have not seen another Evo but i have seen 20 or more WRX's/STI's. I was never looking to get noticed when i bought this car but it is pretty cool to see the presence this car has. I look forward to enjoying all this car has to offer.

Last edited by 380EVO; Aug 27, 2016 at 09:00 PM.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same experience here. I have never even seen another Evo in my town. It gets looks everywhere I go. There are 2 kids at the high school where I teach that drive wrx's, and one of my cousin's in -laws have one. Those subarus are are around a bit, but I'm unique (at least in my little part of the world) ����
Old Aug 27, 2016, 11:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yea the car definitely breaks necks, I came from a lancer and no one noticed that car much, I got the occasional "nice color" (octane blue)" or is that an evo?" at drive-thru's but with the evo I'm going to start having to hand out neck braces. The car stands out from your everyday mustangs, charger/challengers/camaros, frs/brz (In CA we have a little bit of everything..). But don't even get me started on all the people that want to race you, smh! Coming from mostly base cars like an accord this is all new to me, in 2 weeks of owning the car I've already had people line up with me on the freeway trying to get a reaction! or they do a pull next to you and give you a mean look , I've read about other people's experience online (getting revved at) but having it happen first hand is hilarious and gross at the same time