Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How much did color play into your purchase?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2016, 01:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I liked black at first but then realized it would suck to maintain the paint. Made my mind to get white and didn't settle for anything else.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 08:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I drove 17 hours to get octane blue.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 04:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
About 1000$, that's how much we paid more for the exact car we wanted.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
If the X red was closer to the VIII red, I might have gotten that, but it's too wine red and too metal flake, so I went for a white.

Graphite gray would have been my second choice I think.

When I was looking at used Audi S4's, I didn't even want to see any black ones. Makes the S4 look totally ordinary and hides a lot of the sculpted detail that separates it from an A4. Very common color too, which can also be said about the WW X, but I don't see that many Evos anyway. Not as many as black A4's heh
Old Dec 12, 2016, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
0%
Old Dec 13, 2016, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by moparfan
0%

x2

I've owned a tonne of black cars so far, more so than any other colour put together, not by choice but by luck. So I knew I probably didn't want a black but I wasn't against it.

I've wanted an Evo for so long and been working hard to get one, so at that point any colour Evo was better than driving my Hyundai around. Personally I wanted white or blue, but I came across the phantom black for a wicked deal and I couldn't pass it up.

What made me really like the PB is checking the PPG formula to see what's all in it, there is a lot of pearls in it and I got the chance to mix myself some at work. Also parked it next to a pearl white 2015 FE, on a summer evening, and literally stood like an idiot and analyzed how the sunset light reflects off both cars and was able to see all the pearl in both the white and black.

But all that aside, I didn't turn down any of the cars I looked at due to colour. But if I had to pick one of the factory colours fore the Evo, the FE pearl white would be my first choice, followed by OB/WW, PB.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 07:08 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
One of the reasons i miss my Lancer Sportback was mainly for the Octane Blue; that color was awesome.

The darker blue color had little effect on my decision for the Evo. The Cosmic Blue on my 2014 Evo X is cool and all, but some days i even consider plasti-dipping the Evo to the Octane Blue.
Even this Sapphire Blue Mix looks good: Name:  DSC_0601_zpsdcdfdb06.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  339.8 KB
Link: http://forum.dipyourcar.com/forum/fu...black-and-blue

(Thanks Mitsubishi for not having Octane Blue for the 2014 evos but brought it back for 2015 evox )
Old Dec 19, 2016, 05:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a Phantom Black one. At first I didn't care what the color of the car was. As long as I had an Evo. All my cars have been black. The only one I have ever wanted white was the Evo because it makes the black accents stand out so much more. I really wanted white but there were only black ones. Which I was content with until I saw it look like a sparkly brown/purple in the sun instead of black. I will pain the car a different color one day. Either white or the Caspian Black that you see on Hyundai Genesis'. That would be so sexy!
Old Jan 5, 2017, 07:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think white is the best color, so before I dropped 25k-30k in a car, I only searched for a white one.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 08:28 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
100%

White only.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 05:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Had my pick of final editions. Two blue a red and my gray. Had a red one before and blue is nice but I wanted gray.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
color played a minor role for me but price is major key. i got a really good deal on a grey one so i went with that but if any other color besides black came up in a good deal i would have went with that. i had black rsx and it was terrible to clean all the time
Old Jan 8, 2017, 01:01 PM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by jakgal04
I wanted white more than anything, but ended up getting a great deal on a red one. Wish I got the white one lol
Same here
Old Jan 8, 2017, 01:14 PM

I told myself I would never own a black car again... but now I kinda wish I would have found a black evo x.. but i settled for a white FE but I was between the white and gray for HOURS.. I kept going back and forth for literally hours lol
Old Jan 8, 2017, 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

I had a cosmic blue MR shipped from Virginia to Nebraska as there were almost none left at the time of my purchase. I really love the understated car. I also had the car color corrected and coated and covered in xpel. The cosmic blue looks amazing clean and buffed correctly. I get a ton of complements on it when I take it out from older car guys not just fanboys like you usually get from the bright colors and big wings. I have never gone for yellow or red cars and have always liked a more subtle and low key look. Also draws less attention from cops.

Quick Reply: How much did color play into your purchase?