Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How much did color play into your purchase?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2016, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much did color play into your purchase?

I am about a year and a couple months into making a purchase of either a evo x or ralliart. I was curious as to if color played a part in your purchase the time, or did it make you wait?

I love the dark blue and that would probably make me grab a ralliart over a red,white,silver and grey evo x....black would depend on price and miles..

But black and blue are my target colors, just curious
Old Nov 3, 2016, 07:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
That's funny because I was the exact opposite.. No black or cosmic blue no matter how good of a deal. The car does look good in black, I just do not want to deal with maintaining black paint. Cosmic blue to me is the ugliest color and makes the EVO look like a Jetta or something. Not a fan.
To each his own.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 07:56 AM

Ah thats cool, so color assisted with your decision on when you got one
Old Nov 3, 2016, 08:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Color was a big play in my purchase. Personally I think blue makes the Evo look like a regular lancer but tht is just me. My target was red, white, or black. White was gorgeous but there were way too many white evos running around where I'm from so as much as I loved the white evo, it was crossed off which lead me to red and black. Black in the pics and real life is different. It's not really black, it's a dark color of maybe brown and purple, so if you havnt seen the black one in person yet, def check it out. Like others had said, black color are hard to keep clean and dust/dry rain drop can be seen clearly on them so I went with Rally Red. So yes color did play a major role in my purchase of my car but buy your car on what you like. At the end of the day, if you're happy with it than all is good.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Color is huge for me. When I was looking for a X it was between octane blue and graphite gray

Silver - a no go on any model; the one color for me that's a deal breaker
Red - currently own a reddish car, didn't want another
White - looks good on any car but was a distant third choice
Black- love the look when clean but rarely clean looking

I ended up finding an octane blue X pretty close to me with everything I wanted. Not sure if I'd have went with graphite gray or not given the choice
Old Nov 3, 2016, 11:24 AM

Huge for me too.

Blue or white.

Blue because I think its my personal favorite. White because I wanted to do gold wheels and they just look so good on white. Plus white probably resales the best - eerrrbody like the white.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 11:55 AM

Awesome feed back, so it seems that color would also results in possibly purchase despite immenities like rockford,sunroof, leather etc? My choices will be through carmax and it seems they keep silver and grey the most, and i will not own another silver or grey vehicle.. but thats some interesting feedback on black tho, i never thought about how you hardly see a shining black car
Old Nov 3, 2016, 02:45 PM

When I bought mine it pushed out a few months because it was late in 2014 and I wanted a 2014 (for the recaros) and not many dealers had brand new 2014 white evo Xs, and I could only order a 2015.

I also specifically did not want the sunroof, or leather seats.

I am picky...
Old Nov 3, 2016, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
I wanted white more than anything, but ended up getting a great deal on a red one. Wish I got the white one lol
Old Nov 4, 2016, 05:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I go to Covington for lunch.

Anyway octane blue was the best color to me, and i made my purchase a little hasty, and being OB as well as having the oem aero helped. i maybe would have accepted white or that burnt orange color. all the rest of the evo x colors suck imo. especially red.

color of car is something i *cant let a good deal sway me on, because i'll always wish to paint it. and painting a car costs more than what youll save by accepting another color.

*edited.

Last edited by FaceMe; Nov 4, 2016 at 05:36 PM.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
color will always play a huge roll, because its something thats hard to change and u see it everyday.
thats y its always good to have a few choices.
always wanted white, the blue is nice, love the grey, had black and dont mind it.
luckily a grey came up as a good deal, 2nd fav after the white.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by FaceMe
I go to Covington for lunch.

Anyway octane blue was the best color to me, and i made my purchase a little hasty, and being OB as well as having the oem aero helped. i maybe would have accepted white or that burnt orange color. all the rest of the evo x colors suck imo. especially red.

color of car is something i can let a good deal sway me on, because i'll always wish to paint it. and painting a car costs more than what youll save by accepting another color.
Hey your a local? How is the evo on our roads and how does it hold up with our weather ? And you know my main dilemma is lack of mistsu dealers also, which has carmax as my only choice...
Old Nov 4, 2016, 01:30 PM

Color played a huge role because I was only going to get WW. I was tired of constantly cleaning the black challenger I sold.
How much did color play into your purchase?-img_0127_1476648869130.jpg

How much did color play into your purchase?-00z0z_iykbxt9volm_1200x900.jpg
Old Nov 4, 2016, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Wesker
Hey your a local? How is the evo on our roads and how does it hold up with our weather ? And you know my main dilemma is lack of mistsu dealers also, which has carmax as my only choice...
Good enough if a bit firm. I have stock suspension but have coils since march that I never got around to putting on. Mainly because I was going to sell the car.

The dealership issue is also a thing. There is Kerry Mitsubishi, and they are ****ing pieces of ****. Only having such a **** dealer semi-close is another reason that I wanted to sell it.

There is a well known shop close, Driven Fabrication. So you can probably go there for 'dealer stuff' like services, ect. I'd do that before Kerry Mitsu, and especially before Carmax, since the Evo is so specific on it's requirements.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 06:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I Wanted a 08+ Blue Octane Pearl or a 06 White or Red nothing else was considered.

Quick Reply: How much did color play into your purchase?