Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Thinking of buying a NEW Evo, how much could I hammer down a dealer now?

Old Mar 19, 2017, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking of buying a NEW Evo, how much could I hammer down a dealer now?

Hi! I'm looking into buying a new old stock 2015 Evo, and since these cars have been sitting on lots for almost 3 years in some cases, what's a realistic basement cash deal a dealer would take? I see that a precious few are in the $32k range already, but would a dealer laugh if I offer to hand them $28k in cash or less? Anyone with experience in this? Final Editions would be preferred, and don't seem to be hard to find.

Thank you!
Old Mar 19, 2017, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by VashTheStampede
Hi! I'm looking into buying a new old stock 2015 Evo, and since these cars have been sitting on lots for almost 3 years in some cases, what's a realistic basement cash deal a dealer would take? I see that a precious few are in the $32k range already, but would a dealer laugh if I offer to hand them $28k in cash or less? Anyone with experience in this? Final Editions would be preferred, and don't seem to be hard to find.

Thank you!
When I bought my 2015 gsr about 16 months ago, I had $32k in mind. I walked in and asked for a color they didn't have for 32k. They said they didn't have it, so I turned and started walking. They then offered me what they did have for that price.

There's a dealer by me that has 4 grey FE with no options. They had six, and it's taken about six months to sell those two. Route 46 Mitsubishi. So who knows what they'll do?
Old Mar 19, 2017, 09:54 AM

That's essentially what I'm looking at. I've had other dealers in the past (Honda) toss over $4k off the list price for a car a model year old if I paid cash. Something has to give on these prices, and some sellers on the used market are delusionally selling their '13s with 20k on them for $29+.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Wow you guys are lucky where you are. Here in Socal last I checked the evo x was marked up 10k past MSRP
Old Mar 19, 2017, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
32,421.00 Evo x FE [URL="http://www.daytonamitsu.com/new-evolution.htm"]

Last edited by evo 1768; Mar 19, 2017 at 01:57 PM.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

That's essentially what I'm looking at. I've had other dealers in the past (Honda) toss over $4k off the list price for a car a model year old if I paid cash. Something has to give on these prices, and some sellers on the used market are delusionally selling their '13s with 20k on them for $29+.
I think would rather you finance since they make money off that also.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 07:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Highly unlikely you'll get a new Final Edition for less than $32k and at that price Daytona Mitsubishi in FL has several ranging from Blue, Mercury, and Rally Red. Mitsu is still offering $1k rebate on new Evo's. Check out RC HILL Mitsubishi in Deland FL. They have a new 2015 Black GSR with most options for $31k or an Octane Blue for $32k and they are a very well known straight forward dealer. Lots of people fly in and drive home cross country or you could possibly have a car shipped and still get a better deal with them than you might locally. Worth checking in to.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
That 32k at Daytona is for military discount. All said and done cheapest you can get it is for around 33. There are a few 15's in Florida that aren't final edition that could be had for 30k however. A blue and black one.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
When idiots are paying 35 for loaded wrx 30k for an evo is a steal. Not going to get a better car or any car with more valuable parts/hardware for the price that's for sure
Old Mar 29, 2017, 04:51 PM

Guys, I've been looking at these 2 options this FE and this GSR. I was wondering if they are good prices and if not what would be a good price. This is my first time buying a car so also advice on how I could go about haggling it down would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old Mar 29, 2017, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Antoine Cotto
Guys, I've been looking at these 2 options this FE and this GSR. I was wondering if they are good prices and if not what would be a good price. This is my first time buying a car so also advice on how I could go about haggling it down would be appreciated.

Thanks
One thing that bugs me about the GSR is the completely sad halogen headlights.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
I drove to deland and got my evo there, was the best price of all places and a straight forward deal, the sales man have an evo too. Also Daytona Mitsu is really good, they gotnmy recaros in and all that too.

Originally Posted by The_Evo_DK
Highly unlikely you'll get a new Final Edition for less than $32k and at that price Daytona Mitsubishi in FL has several ranging from Blue, Mercury, and Rally Red. Mitsu is still offering $1k rebate on new Evo's. Check out RC HILL Mitsubishi in Deland FL. They have a new 2015 Black GSR with most options for $31k or an Octane Blue for $32k and they are a very well known straight forward dealer. Lots of people fly in and drive home cross country or you could possibly have a car shipped and still get a better deal with them than you might locally. Worth checking in to.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Both are expensive, i got mine for 32k.

Originally Posted by Antoine Cotto

Thanks
Old Mar 29, 2017, 06:21 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by moparfan
One thing that bugs me about the GSR is the completely sad halogen headlights.
That GSR he linked has the HID factory upgrade. You can tell in the picture with the driver side door open the leveling motor switch that's only available on the HID housings.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 06:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you!

no and please kill your dream of owning a evo just get a used one for that price. you cant have the dealer by the ***** since they have the inventory and there are practically none available now. not saying you should be raped on the price by a dealer but your expectations are horrible.
The following users liked this post:
4G63_EVO (Apr 3, 2017)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thinking of buying a NEW Evo, how much could I hammer down a dealer now?