Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

How to turn off Daytime Running Ligths

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2008, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to turn off Daytime Running Ligths

ok, per the owners manual, you will need to access the fuse box in the engine bay, its the large black box on the drivers side. lift the lid from the front there is a small plastic latch. you will need to remove fuse # 13 this is the last fuse on the first row of fuses at the bottom of the box. it should be a red 10 AMP fuse. look on page 7-42 of the manual if you need a pic. but the bottom row of small fuses has only 13 in it. pull this out and presto no DRLs , I did test everything else and all seems to work fine. spaces for fuse 11 and 12 were empty. Hope this helps.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

This is going to void the warranty …
Old Feb 15, 2008, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by mksevo
ok, per the owners manual, you will need to access the fuse box in the engine bay, its the large black box on the drivers side. lift the lid from the front there is a small plastic latch. you will need to remove fuse # 13 this is the last fuse on the first row of fuses at the bottom of the box. it should be a red 10 AMP fuse. look on page 7-42 of the manual if you need a pic. but the bottom row of small fuses has only 13 in it. pull this out and presto no DRLs , I did test everything else and all seems to work fine. spaces for fuse 11 and 12 were empty. Hope this helps.
I tryed this and it didn't work for me any ideas?
Old Feb 15, 2008, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by WhatNoise???
This is going to void the warranty …
As soon as he pulls into there going to be like "what's up with the DRL's??" check the fuses and then BAM sorry sir but you modified your car, FULL CAR WARRANTY is now VOID..

DRL's are actually not that BAD, infact I feel safer with them and wish it were stock option on the IX's..
Old Feb 15, 2008, 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EVO warranties are a myth, just like bigfoot and the loch ness monster.
If you pulled into the dealer with bird S$^T on your hood they would say you modded it. Or they could just be blunt like Subaru was giving away with SCCA memberships and when the owner registered they used that as a reason to void warranties with the proof on there racing from the registration card.

Who in there right mind takes there EVO to the dealer anyways?

Last edited by BCOZEVO; Feb 15, 2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

as per the manual this is probably only for the HID cars, since the stock light have a different arrangment. I will do some reading and get back to you EVOXCO.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOXCO
I tryed this and it didn't work for me any ideas?
do you have the HID setup . I am looking at the manual pg 7-47 and it looks like the cars without HID dont have DRL unless they are using you low beams in which case your screwed. let me know more about what you have.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 07:59 AM

do you have the HID setup . I am looking at the manual pg 7-47 and it looks like the cars without HID dont have DRL unless they are using you low beams in which case your screwed. let me know more about what you have.
They use the low beams for the DRL.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

How can DRL and the low beam HID be on the same circuit? Your HID's would be fried in no time. Based on all the pictures I've seen, the DRL is on the inner bulb (is that the high beam?)
Old Feb 21, 2008, 09:52 AM

If you do this be sure that your insurance company is not giving you a discount for having DRL. If you get into an accident you may get some flack if you have disabled the DRL and still claim the discount.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Karan
How can DRL and the low beam HID be on the same circuit? Your HID's would be fried in no time. Based on all the pictures I've seen, the DRL is on the inner bulb (is that the high beam?)

your confused, if you have HID then only 1 bulb does high/low beam so the other spot can be used as DRL. nonHID you have a high beam and a low beam bulb.

hope this helps.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by seminole2001
If you do this be sure that your insurance company is not giving you a discount for having DRL. If you get into an accident you may get some flack if you have disabled the DRL and still claim the discount.
not sure this makes sense, I also get a discount for safe driving but if i get into an accident , I wasnt probably driving that safe. the car has ASC but you can turn that off too. just my observation. My mods my business.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah really, everyone is freakin out about warranty and insurance. Hey if you don't want DRLs then pull the darn fuse, it is a "mod."

I mean how many people respond to: "I put a K&N Drop In" with it will void your warranty or your insurance may not like it... C'mon the sky isn't falling. I bet most believe that global warming is the most serious threat to civilization as well.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

your confused, if you have HID then only 1 bulb does high/low beam so the other spot can be used as DRL. nonHID you have a high beam and a low beam bulb.

hope this helps.
Nah I'm not confused. I was just replying to another guy's post. I didnt realize infact he was referring to the non-hid setup, where the lowbeams and DRL are the same bulb. Its all good now.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 09:19 AM

not sure this makes sense, I also get a discount for safe driving but if i get into an accident, I wasn’t probably driving that safe. the car has ASC but you can turn that off too. just my observation. My mods my business.
Your logic is a little flawed....

You get a save driving discount for driving safe. This is not an option that you select when quoting insurance rate a car.

I have USAA and I select the options that I have on my Evo. ABS, Airbags, Lojack, etc. DRL is one of the options. I also get the safe driving discount, but that is applied to my rate because I haven't filed any claims or gotten any tickets. I can’t select the option for safe driving, it's up to USAA to decide if I'm a safe driver and apply that discount.

Quick Reply: How to turn off Daytime Running Ligths