Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

how to install different front seats - with no fault codes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2009, 11:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by beetle_orange
great to hear i guess i could have saved $100 by swapping out the sensors underneath my GSR recaros to my MR recaros.
OK - dumb question I am too lazy to look up elsewhere. What's the difference between GSR recaros and MR recaros ?
Old Jun 16, 2009, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
leather
Old Jun 24, 2009, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok im quite nub at this but for the 2 ohm resistor wht watt should i get?

is it still a 2 ohm 1/2 watt resistor? same thing as 5 1/2 watt 10 ohm resistor?
Old Jun 24, 2009, 01:14 PM
Evolving Member

2ohm 1/2 watt resistors are a bit tough to locate. I did what the OP did. Got 5 10ohm 1/2 watt resistors and wired them together in parallel.

You can also try 2ohm 1/4 watt resistors which are easier to find and the more common factor they come in.

1:

2:

3:

Last edited by antics22; Jun 24, 2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 12:27 AM
Evolving Member

would a 2.2 OHM 1watt resistor work?
Old Jul 7, 2009, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by azn_ghetto
would a 2.2 OHM 1watt resistor work?
Don't know for sure. It depends how much tolerance the main SRS ECU has for variations in expected resistance of that airbag.

I think there's no downside to trying the 2.2 and seeing if it works.

If it doesn't work, you'll get a warning light and fault code, and you will have to get a 2 ohm resistor anyway. The warning light should go away when you get the right resistor in, but maybe the fault code will stay in memory until cleared (not sure about the last part).
Old Sep 1, 2009, 12:52 PM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
i swapped the seats and belts out....got the airbag light on the dash . will the light go off if i just do the resistors?
Old Sep 7, 2009, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by evodave
i swapped the seats and belts out....got the airbag light on the dash . will the light go off if i just do the resistors?
Resistors is step 1, to make it appear that the airbags are still there.

Might need a step 2 - if you changed belts, ECUs may need to "see' the sensor in the OEM receiving buckles.

Might need a step 3 - do you have the passenger seat mounted on the OEM bottom bracket with the 4 weight sensors and related ECU ?
Old May 9, 2011, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
anyone figured out how to get rid of the airbag light from the passenger seat yet? I just got this light too changing to Recaro Pole Positions.
Old May 23, 2011, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

while attempting to help my friend out with his BRIDE seat install this past weekend, we thought about removing the four weight sensors from the OE rails, placinging them back to back and then creating a clamp as to put pressure on the sensors at all times, then placing the whole thing underneath the passengerside seat and zip tie into place... ( since he did not want to fab up a bracket to use with the bride rails.. )

has anyone else thought of doing this?

the sensors are free floating inbetween the aluminum housing, by placing the clamp over the rounded sensor, it could fake a weight (depending on how thick the metal grey bracket is and how much you tighten the two side bolts down to...

have not yet attempted this, but we will soon..

attached is a MSpaint drawing..
Attached Thumbnails how to install different front seats - with no fault codes-sensoridea.jpg  
Old May 23, 2011, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Philly, Germany, Japan, UK...South Dakota (Da Sticks).......
^^^ any results with placing the sensors together and clamping them? I'm looking to swap seats out after this deployment....
Old May 31, 2011, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Chebosto
while attempting to help my friend out with his BRIDE seat install this past weekend, we thought about removing the four weight sensors from the OE rails, placinging them back to back and then creating a clamp as to put pressure on the sensors at all times, then placing the whole thing underneath the passengerside seat and zip tie into place... ( since he did not want to fab up a bracket to use with the bride rails.. )

has anyone else thought of doing this?

the sensors are free floating inbetween the aluminum housing, by placing the clamp over the rounded sensor, it could fake a weight (depending on how thick the metal grey bracket is and how much you tighten the two side bolts down to...

have not yet attempted this, but we will soon..

attached is a MSpaint drawing..
looking forward to the outcome of this
Old Jan 8, 2012, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone have some pictures of where the resistors need to be wired in at and what it looks like after its hooked back up? I'm an electrical dummy and need some pics haha.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:13 PM

man if only a step by step picture of installing bride seats will be soooo helpful! ahh my brides are collecting dust... i dont want that srs light. --__--
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AcePitcher11
Anyone have some pictures of where the resistors need to be wired in at and what it looks like after its hooked back up? I'm an electrical dummy and need some pics haha.
Mine looks like this:

Name:  photo1.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  119.5 KB

Quick Reply: how to install different front seats - with no fault codes