Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

how to install different front seats - with no fault codes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2016, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great!
Old Apr 3, 2017, 03:55 PM
c08

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
So, putting Recaros into a 2015 Evo requires using the seat belt buckles that came with the car (I guess something is different with the wiring?). What about putting Recaros in an older (2011) Ralliart that did not come with Recaros? Would the seat belt buckles from the original seats need to be used as well?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by c08
So, putting Recaros into a 2015 Evo requires using the seat belt buckles that came with the car (I guess something is different with the wiring?). What about putting Recaros in an older (2011) Ralliart that did not come with Recaros? Would the seat belt buckles from the original seats need to be used as well?
I believe so.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by c08
I think anything going from Lancer GT seats to Recaro (or vice versa) requires you to keep the original buckles. It seems the Lancer GT buckles are 4 pin and the Recaros are 2 pin (same connector though). Not sure what the other wires do, besides cause problems during the swap.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 12:14 PM

i just did a swap from a red leather recaros and i swapped with a 2011 Evo x. even swapping over my rails/weight sensors my air bag light is on. any one have a fix for this?
or do i have to clear the code at a dealership or maybe just install resistors? they only thing i did not do was swap over the old driver seat buckle. could that maybe why the air bag light is still on? i see most people not having to do that to the driver seat but maybe the 2015 are different and need that?
Old Jul 16, 2018, 03:22 PM

guys just an UPDATE. i did not swap over my OEM buckle on my driver side. After swapping them back over my air bag light went off. a lot of people are unclear.

you will need to swap over for a 2015 X your driver side buckle only, for the pass side. you need to swap the bottom base with your weight sensors, and belt buckle. after that you should be good to go. enjoy not having your air bag light on.
Old May 16, 2019, 03:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks for the info
Old May 16, 2019, 03:27 PM

I have all the info now, just need to find a good deal on some seats
Old Jul 7, 2019, 08:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
So I replaced the stock 2015 Lancer seat with a Recaro off an earlier model X and I'm getting the airbag service required.

This is probably for the weight sensors.

My question is: the Recaro weighs a good amount more than the Lancer seat. Even if I swap the sensors, I think the ECU will think there's always someone sitting in it. So would I be better off just reprogramming/recalibrating the Recaro sensors?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:50 PM

This is an awesome awesome write up! i know what ill be doing this weekend!
Old Dec 17, 2019, 08:58 PM

I want to change my drivers to passengers seat also. Was it east . Do you have info how to do it?
Thanks
Old Apr 26, 2020, 07:57 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I know this thread is old, but for visual learners this video linked below (NOT MY VIDEO) was very helpful. I was able to source the 1 watt, 2 ohm resistors he mentions in the video from ebay for a couple bucks.

Old Apr 27, 2020, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 97 GSX 97
I know this thread is old, but for visual learners this video linked below (NOT MY VIDEO) was very helpful. I was able to source the 1 watt, 2 ohm resistors he mentions in the video from ebay for a couple bucks.

Evo X Aftermarket Seats
so all you need is just the resistor??
i have 2010 gsr. I dont have the weight sensor
Old Apr 28, 2020, 06:11 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jkc213
so all you need is just the resistor??
i have 2010 gsr. I dont have the weight sensor
Follow the video. I haven’t done it yet as I still need to get brackets for my Bride seats, but it looks pretty easy.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Chebosto
while attempting to help my friend out with his BRIDE seat install this past weekend, we thought about removing the four weight sensors from the OE rails, placinging them back to back and then creating a clamp as to put pressure on the sensors at all times, then placing the whole thing underneath the passengerside seat and zip tie into place... ( since he did not want to fab up a bracket to use with the bride rails.. )

has anyone else thought of doing this?

the sensors are free floating inbetween the aluminum housing, by placing the clamp over the rounded sensor, it could fake a weight (depending on how thick the metal grey bracket is and how much you tighten the two side bolts down to...

have not yet attempted this, but we will soon..

attached is a MSpaint drawing..
I got an SRS light just having the 4 sensors attached with no pressure on them. Implausible value. Then I made the mistake of unplugging it and had to get it recalibrated which, without the seat and an easy way to put 30kg in the seat was really tricky.
I ended up doing something like what Chebosto diagramed but figured I could only do 1 sensor. I soldered the signal wires for all 4 inputs on the harness onto one lead from a single sensor and made an adapter plate. I tightened the center nut snug and for airbag off, it's about 1/8th of a turn on each bolt or about 1/4 turn to have the airbags always on. It's pretty sensitive so don't overtighten or they'll think you have an elephant in the seat and it'll trigger the SRS again.

Side

Bottom

Quick Reply: how to install different front seats - with no fault codes