Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Help battery completely dead doors wont open!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2009, 03:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+2 on being able to unlock mine with just the key in the driver door. If that doesn't work, your dealer must have F'ed you on your keyfob.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm beginning to think i somehow got screwed by dealer when i bought it. I bought it used so that means whoever traded it in probably never knew it or whatever. The only thing that sucks is now i am in germany so i have to check with the european dealer to figure out if they can put in new locks or what. Now i really dont know what to do. I guess i could pray my battery never goes dead. Will let you know when i go to the dealer. Thanks for your help guys.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 08:16 PM

I think what more than likley happened is that you knocked the lock rod off when you used the coat hanger. Pull your door panel and it probably come off the clip.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Do you have two key fobs? Have you tried the key from both?
Old Oct 11, 2009, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

only got one key fob, bought it used. I went through the corner of the door and went into the car and pull on the lock indicator above the handle so i doubt i knocked anything off. I think i just have a bad key or something. when you stick your key in does it go all the way in or like all but 1/4 inch??? Once my clutch gets here i am going to take it to the dealership to get this taken care of.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 08:24 AM

ive had a similar prob WHEN i first bought my car
1 my car wouldnt hold a CHARGE they replaced THE CAR BATT @ dealer twice
2 then it went out agin this time they replaced the ecu because the battery shorted & fried it
3 then my car wouldnt start but the car batt was good i tried all the steps the dealer suggested
i had it towd 2 dealer & it was the alarm device it was broke the car will not respond at all if the device is broke so now im more carfull it goes in my front pocket just in case
i tought buing a new caR wouldnt have this many prob but the dealertook care of it
NOW I HAVE 2 MAKE AN APPT FOR THE FUEL LINE RECALL
TIME IS MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
Old Oct 17, 2009, 11:07 PM

Hey I had a simillar problem in my last car, 02 civic si. And it turned out that on the drivers side the latch itself failed which broke the power door locks and the key hole cable. I would recomend once u can get in to take the door pannel off and inspect it. A lot of newer cars have a half brass/plastic latching system which suck
Old Oct 19, 2009, 06:40 AM
Evolving Member

They should have a special place for threads like this. The Evo has a keyhole and if you have the fastkey then you just take the key out by using the slider on the back. You then use the key like any normal car. I have one myself and I tried it after reading this thread. Your Evo liscense should be revoked.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 10:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bsvaton
They should have a special place for threads like this. The Evo has a keyhole and if you have the fastkey then you just take the key out by using the slider on the back. You then use the key like any normal car. I have one myself and I tried it after reading this thread. Your Evo liscense should be revoked.
Yea maybe they will take my license away when you learn how to spell it and you graduate to a real EVO not a ralliart. Sorry kid do you think I am really that stupid? I would hope not. This definitely isnt my first car so I am pretty sure i know how the key works.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cnj4ever
Yea maybe they will take my license away when you learn how to spell it and you graduate to a real EVO not a ralliart. Sorry kid do you think I am really that stupid? I would hope not. This definitely isnt my first car so I am pretty sure i know how the key works.
hahahaha. owned.

so the physical key in the fob does not open the doors when the car is dead dead? thats strange.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ugakirk
I wouldn't think anyone would make a car that you couldn't get into when the battery is dead. There has to be another way to get into it. If not that is a F-A-I-L for Mitsu.
There has to be another way in. I've seen Lexus done it. Look around the door handles for clues
Old Oct 19, 2009, 01:47 PM
Evolving Member

there definitely has to be another way but I am leaning toward the fact maybe the dealer somewhere down the line dropped the ball and that is what the problem is. So once my clutch gets fixed I will get it figured out and put up the result for sure till then it is all just speculation. I have to take it to the stealership bc of a leak somewhere in the fire wall near the ac fan and filter in the cabin so they can figure it out then too, along with the fuel return line recall i jsut got a letter in the mail about.

ps, sorry kid(kid with a Ralliart) you just caught me at a bad time, but yea you got OWNED.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

ok for a little update.....

I got bored today and my wife said I should try and start the car with my key and the keyfob in the house. So i unlock the doors with the keyfob and went out to the car and put the ACTUAL key in the ignition. Low and behold it will turn everything on like normal BUT when i pressed in the clutch to actually start the car, it wouldnt start?!?! So know I am really puzzled and bewildered about this issue.

So i think maybe the insides of the door came un-done or disconnected somehow, but the dealership can figure that out when they fix my fuel line in a week or so.

Also on a side note I was told by Father in law yesterday, who went to a dealership, that there is a fuse that you are suppose to pull if you are storing the car for more than 40 days. Some yellow one? I bought it used so there wasn't an owners manual.

So the confusion continues...........
Old Oct 22, 2009, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Not to raid in your thread. But honestly i have the same problem. I just got my car battery replaced a few days ago by a optimum battery. Now today the car would start, drove to a restaurant 15 min away.

Got food. Touch the handle for fast key entry. Turn the knob and just when its about to start. The whole Car DIES. Nothing works. Absolutely nothing. Brother came and gave me a jump. But honestly the car wouldn't start. After a few times, i was turning the key and holding it. The car started. Somehow i don't think its battery related.

It says in the manual, not to attach any metal key chains to the fast key. I have a metal key chain attached and i keep the key in my pocket next to my cellphone. Maybe ill look into that but i don't think that's the problem.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

this has happend to me like 3 times...I had to call AAA to come and open one of my doors...the main key wont open the front door...dont know why...but it wont..

Rene