Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

**How to install the MAGNUS master cylinder upgrade**

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2011, 09:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good write up. Bleeding brakes absolutely sucks though. Is there any way to avoid that? Is that what you two were referring to when you were discussing "bending it back?"
Old Jul 17, 2011, 12:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just did the install a few days ago and it was an "okay" install. I kinda took my time on installing and tried not to rush it to make sure it was done right. There's really not much you can do to avoid bleeding the brakes though because air gets in the lines after a period of time. I know mine had a lot of air in it so I had to bleed it out for sure.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 05:25 AM

If you don't already have braided brake lines. Know is the time to do it. I have my motor out so I'm doing lines, rotors, CMC all before putting back the engine.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

Not the hardest thing to do in world... quite time consuming though. Some people may want to bring out the optional swear jar and a pocket full of quarters.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 08:30 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
^ and a punching bag..
Old Jul 17, 2011, 11:38 PM

how did you guys get around getting the second bolt in that seems impossible to get to? i cant find a way to fit anything in there let alone a finger to put the nut on the bolt.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you are talking about the second bolt from the inside of the car, I took off the little box and the bracket that was in the way. It's held by one bolt and just unplug the harness. My hand slip in there like a glove. I also had problems getting the original bolt in there so I ended buying longer ones saved some trouble. But yeah might want to bust out the swear jar I used about a dozen of them so stock up on them. I recommend having another person with you it makes life easier and faster to do. I know for sure this will probably be my first and my last time I install the CMC. Haha.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 02:05 AM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by ugakirk
Has anyone installed the Magnus CMC? How the feedback?
I got mine installed..It Works Alright but there are little issues im not sure if it is really an issue but anyways my clutch pedal is the issue..everytime i step on the clutch pedal it seems to stay down a bit and i have to use my foot to push it back up.probably less than an inch..im guessing it could be the height of the pedal..i tried bleeding it and it still has the same issue..i guess i just have to deal with it..drove it for 4 months until now and still has that issue but never broke down..
Old Aug 14, 2011, 10:20 AM

Thanks for the 'How To.' I never received instructions in my packaging (if MAGNUS even has them) so this is a life-saver. How did everyone bleed their clutch? My Snap-On guy suggested I use my positive bleed gun at the slave cylinder and go up the system. Mitsubishi recommends bleeding top down in the Service Manual. Any thoughts? Thanks Again!
Old Aug 14, 2011, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

bleeding the clutch line is always a task on the Evo X for some odd reason. I have had good luck bleeding at the slave cylinder and having someone pump the pedal. I'm pretty sure the top down method will work just as well if done properly.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 09:12 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
yeh bleeding on the stock line was a PITA.

But for some reason on the magnus its much easier.

Just open the slave and the fluid will use gravity to come down the hose...

Seemed to work fine for me...