Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

DRE sequential shift light install

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2011, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DRE sequential shift light install

I appreciate that some of you are drooling over the title of the thread and are dying to hump my leg about adding a shift light but let me say the following before I get into the install -

1) NO, I am not deaf.
2) Yes, I do shift using the engine noise.
3) Let me point point that you go to a concert to hear the band/music but no one ever complains if the music is accompanied by a light show. So you have to think about the DRE in this fashion - in cabin light show to go along with the music.

Purchased DRE Sequential shift lights from -

http://www.caraddiction.co.uk/sld5.htm

Really nice unit - small and full of programmable features, you even get to select the light colors.

Needed to find RPM signal -

http://arkdesign-us.com/public_downl...er-evox-us.pdf

We taped the #4 pin wire of the ECU which is White wire with red stripe. Its pretty easy, the black plastic cable housing that attaches to the ECU pops off and if you remove the tape along the bottom, it comes off completely. Giving you plenty of room to find the wire and add a tap. When your done pop the black cable housing onto the ECU and add a fesh piece of electrical tap at the bottom.

The other DRE wires are power and ground which is pretty self explanatory - used a add a circuit and found a ground screw.

another Evo&Son plus DAD project.
Attached Thumbnails DRE sequential shift light install-dre1.jpg   DRE sequential shift light install-dre2.jpg   DRE sequential shift light install-rpmtap.jpg