Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

DVD in Motion Update 2012 MMCS

Old Mar 21, 2014, 03:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
well here is a problem, i put DVD to play DVD movie, and the unit rejected it. Even says it , cant play the disc.

one was a DVD DTS music disc ( although it says plays DTS sounds front of the unit)
the other was a regular DVD movie.
That's really strange. Are the dvd's region protected? If not, I'd say go to a Mistubishi dealer and have them see what's wrong with the unit. I know that dvd players use one laser for reading dvd's and another for cd's so its possible that the dvd laser might be damaged. Or it could just be dirty.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 08:35 AM

Here is another update via my email asking:

Is the AUX in motion available yet for the BLD-NR 261 UM 1.09 0000704 ?

Reply:
Only UM 80.02 is done - currently working on the registration system, and then I'll start working backwards through the versions..
I'd guess mid next week, for 70.04
Old Apr 13, 2014, 07:51 PM

So...

My loader is BLD-NR-261UM 1.09
Application is 00.41.02

I recently tried the the NAVHACK using the 7004 ISO file and had no luck wit it...
Should i have use a different file?
Any known problems with it?
Followed instructions to the "T" and nothing...

File on disc, read disc then says invalid disk or just a black screen...
Any help would be appreciated!
Old May 14, 2014, 12:10 AM

My loader is BLD-NR-261EM-CTR 1.10
Application 10.52.01

There loader version for this?

help me ... and thank you
Old May 22, 2014, 02:45 AM

I have a 2014 EVO X MR
When i put a DVD in the MMC it does not play, even when the car is in park.
Has the DVD video function been removed from the MMC ?
Old May 24, 2014, 08:42 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
So I just downloaded the most recent NR261UM patch (80.02) and installed it with no problem (I previously had 30.94). Seems to work great (it even corrected the grammatical error on the boot screen and I think the "lane guidance" is new). All good!

So how do I get the AUX in motion patch? NavHack says I must be logged in to purchase which I clearly am as I just bought the DVD patch. Anyone?

Thanks,
Old Jun 23, 2014, 03:10 PM

Wife just picked up a 2014 with Nav/MMCS. I really have no interest in watching a movie while driving, but I do want to use the Nav while I'm moving.
My Genesis and our former RDX allow us to pick songs, change settings, and do anything on the touch screen while driving. Mitsu on the other hand greys out nearly anything that would be useful to me while driving and I honestly hate it.
I've been searching for over an hour and all I can find is info for DVD and AUX in motion - would this also allow me to use other touch screen functions in motion? Can someone point me to a working solution to the 2014?
Old Jul 7, 2014, 08:14 PM

mmcs problems

mitsubishi lancer gts 09 mmcs unit i tried to do this before unlock the dvd and something went bad now i got a black screen and a message saying uploading and that is it . now i cant even look for the version on the screen , i need a cd restart or something , the guys from the dealer told me thatmay cost me 200 to 700 toupload the software in the unit since they think the hard drive got corrupted or something please need help
Old Jul 8, 2014, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by carrowinds28
mitsubishi lancer gts 09 mmcs unit i tried to do this before unlock the dvd and something went bad now i got a black screen and a message saying uploading and that is it . now i cant even look for the version on the screen , i need a cd restart or something , the guys from the dealer told me thatmay cost me 200 to 700 toupload the software in the unit since they think the hard drive got corrupted or something please need help
You can remove the hard drive, hook it up to a computer's motherboard (you'll probably need a 2.5" to 3.5" IDE adapter for this, unless you can manage to connect it to a laptop's motherboard), and format the hard drive with a fresh copy of the mmcs software from the navhack site.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 05:29 AM

mmcs problems dvd hack went wrong

Originally Posted by marciojersey
You can remove the hard drive, hook it up to a computer's motherboard (you'll probably need a 2.5" to 3.5" IDE adapter for this, unless you can manage to connect it to a laptop's motherboard), and format the hard drive with a fresh copy of the mmcs software from the navhack site.
well remove the unit i dont feel so comfortable doing that . and as far the restart cd to reboot the unit is available i know the have the update nv cd in dealers but that wont fix my unit is just an update for the nav . i live in nc charlotte anyone around here who know how to do this i ll make sure paid good money if they fix mine
Old Jul 9, 2014, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Look for Yxd68 on the other forum
Old Jul 10, 2014, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by carrowinds28
well remove the unit i dont feel so comfortable doing that . and as far the restart cd to reboot the unit is available i know the have the update nv cd in dealers but that wont fix my unit is just an update for the nav . i live in nc charlotte anyone around here who know how to do this i ll make sure paid good money if they fix mine
Removing the hard drive is the only way to fix it. Even if you take it to the dealer they'll have to remove it. The mmcs firmware is messed up so it won't be able to fix itself from a cd. It's not that hard to do yourself. There are sites explaining how to remove it and hook it up to a computer. I've done it myself and I'm no hardware genius.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 04:30 PM

Hi, I applied the DVD in motion Patch 30.94 to me NR261UM 50.21 the patch works and i have DVD in motion but i lost my Bluetooth and IPOD connection (FUSE) anyone can help me to get back my FUSE system to work again?? Thx in advance
Old Sep 15, 2014, 05:29 PM

Does anyone know if the 2014 MMCS even plays DVDs? I haven't even tried it yet on mine.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 04:10 PM

Well this sucks. Just went outside and put in a dvd and nothing... doesn't look like 2014 mmcs plays dvds

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DVD in Motion Update 2012 MMCS