Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

EVO X MR DRL re-pin (for those having issues with LED's)

Old Apr 4, 2014, 03:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LouDogOG
Thanks so much Bike Mech! All I wanted to do was get the LEDs in without harming wires and you found the way! Lol. Originally I was trying the other harness because it had no power until the car is on and the parking brake is down (yes I'm too lazy to unplug the battery). This took like 15 min. Awesome. Hopefully they last without resistors. I don't really want to tap into the wires to put in resistors. Thanks again.
good to hear. My cheepo ebay LED's are still working great with no blow outs......

I was theorizing with a friend of mine....... On that particular bulb type, we were wondering if they were built to handle heat at the bottom of the bulb with the power wire in lead. And being that mitsubishi put the hot wire on the side.... we were wondering if that was causing the issue with the LED's .... Not quite sure because in an incandescent bulb the heat is focused on the element which lights up......

who knows..... I'm just glad everything is still working well
Old Apr 4, 2014, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

i kept having nokya yellows keep burning out. ill try Leds and see how they work, if not ill switch the correct 2 wires, thanks
Old Sep 19, 2014, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help. I have a 2013 GSR SS. I tried switching out the wire on the drivers side to test and it didnt do anything. Any suggestion?
Old Oct 8, 2014, 01:30 AM

mine didnt come with drl instead with those turn lamps how can i add a new drl circuit? i wil install my own leds somewhere in the bumper
Old Mar 13, 2015, 05:00 PM
Evolving Member

Bought some LEDs at the auto parts store today. They didn't work when I first put them in and luckily I found this thread.

Switched the wires and it worked! Thanks
Old Mar 18, 2015, 11:07 AM

Found this thread at the right time when I was about to return back the LED's.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
THANK YOU for the super helpful post. Just ran into the LED DRL issue on my 2015 and probably wouldn't have figured this out. Great job.

Just one thing you might clarify: On the driver side, you want the black and TEAL wires, not light blue. There are dark blue, light blue, and teal wires all running to this plug. The pictures show this, but the write up was a bit confusing for me here.

Thanks again!
Old Jun 9, 2015, 09:21 AM

Is this the same problem for the LED taillights?
Old Jun 18, 2015, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by total0wnage
i kept having nokya yellows keep burning out. ill try Leds and see how they work, if not ill switch the correct 2 wires, thanks
I tried the nokya yellows and it melted my wiring harness! apparently the bulbs are for "short duration" usage only. WTF man. Warning to all about these bulbs.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 07:52 PM
db1

awesome!
Old Aug 21, 2015, 09:54 PM
db1

does this just affect the MR models?
Old Nov 16, 2015, 08:05 AM

Looks like it is a model year issue more then a trim level issue.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 04:41 PM

correct its only for 2012 and later (newer).
Old Jun 11, 2016, 08:58 AM

Thank you for this post just one thing on the driver side its the light green wire and black to switch had to look up the wire diagram when my l.e.d.'s didnt light. But thank you so much would have taken me forever to figure out
Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bike Mech
Edit: On a 2009 you shouldn't have a problem.... On the 2012 and newer, Mitsu swapped the wires making it a -12vdc rather than a +12vdc. So LED bulbs won't turn on for us. Unless we buy LED's that are -12vdc capable. We also run into problems with burning out regular bulbs.

put your finger in the other plug. you should feel the two male pins (my headlights only had two pins installed.

This way you'll know which two colors to swap. Sorry I would have figured they'd keep the harnesses the same.

Great information! I started with the black and blue and nothing. None of my wires matched the colors so I used a small mirror to see which two pins were used and it worked like a charm! Thanks Bike Mech.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: EVO X MR DRL re-pin (for those having issues with LED's)