Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Help: Bluetooth calls come out of only one speaker, iPhone 5

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2015, 01:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help: Bluetooth calls come out of only one speaker, iPhone 5

I've searched for about an hour trying to find a solution to having the sound of a phone call via bluetooth on all speakers or both front speakers and not just on the front passenger door.

I can not access the Beep/Tel audio settings, they aren't click-able.... so i cant choose ATT or Front.

I am using a iphone 5 with IOS 8.1.3

I switched the sound from BT to speaker phone and back, and it worked on all the speakers for a few seconds but then went back to only the front passenger speaker
Anyone know the fix for this issue?
Old Jan 30, 2015, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry to be the bearer of band news my dude but this is how bluetooth call works on all platforms. Turn up the volume unfortunately my dude.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 02:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by David21186
I've searched for about an hour trying to find a solution to having the sound of a phone call via bluetooth on all speakers or both front speakers and not just on the front passenger door.

I can not access the Beep/Tel audio settings, they aren't click-able.... so i cant choose ATT or Front.

I am using a iphone 5 with IOS 8.1.3

I switched the sound from BT to speaker phone and back, and it worked on all the speakers for a few seconds but then went back to only the front passenger speaker
Anyone know the fix for this issue?
Ya it sucks, but it is what it is. I have the same issue, went to the dealer, and after 2 hours, a couple techs, and phone calls to corporate, no one can tell me why you would have a non selectable option. Totally f_cktarted, but no fix as far as i know.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks, I appreciate the replies guys!
Old Apr 17, 2018, 02:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to bring this back up after so long. I recently purchased a 15 WW Evo X and the Bluetooth calling was only heard on the passenger side. Did some digging and found a secret menu in the non nav screen I have. To access the secret menu just turn the key so the radio turns on. Not sure if it will work while the car is on. Go into settings and hit DISPLAY OFF. Next hold the MENU button and at the same time touch and hold the BOTTOM LEFT CORNER of the screen for 5 seconds, release your finger from the bottom left while still holding the menu button. Now press the TOP RIGHT CORNER until you hear a beep. Secret menu will pop up, go into vehicle setting and select HANDLE SETTING. Since our cars are in North America it will be default to LHD. Select RHD and the Bluetooth calling will now be heard on the left side. I no longer need to lean to the right to hear the person talking lol.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by jdmnub
Sorry to bring this back up after so long. I recently purchased a 15 WW Evo X and the Bluetooth calling was only heard on the passenger side. Did some digging and found a secret menu in the non nav screen I have. To access the secret menu just turn the key so the radio turns on. Not sure if it will work while the car is on. Go into settings and hit DISPLAY OFF. Next hold the MENU button and at the same time touch and hold the BOTTOM LEFT CORNER of the screen for 5 seconds, release your finger from the bottom left while still holding the menu button. Now press the TOP RIGHT CORNER until you hear a beep. Secret menu will pop up, go into vehicle setting and select HANDLE SETTING. Since our cars are in North America it will be default to LHD. Select RHD and the Bluetooth calling will now be heard on the left side. I no longer need to lean to the right to hear the person talking lol.

Can you post up a video on this??
Old Apr 19, 2018, 09:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EVOX84
Can you post up a video on this??

Here you go, found this on youtube for ya. Should be the same radio unit even though its not an Evo X. Oh and i found that you don't have to hold the bottom left screen for a whole 5 seconds, 2 seconds is enough.
The following users liked this post:
EVOX84 (Apr 19, 2018)
Old Jul 5, 2018, 03:17 PM

Thats a pretty fantastic trick!! I just picked up a 2014 MR with the mid level audio system. 6 speaker, touchscreen, no fosgate, no nav. When recieving calls theres no issue. But when making calls from the car theres no audio on my side, I cannot hear the other person but they can hear me. Also when trying to use the voice recognition it never translates properly. I say call my wife and it responded "calling 48", and no im not kidding, it really said that LOL. Any advise would be helpful. Thank you.