Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Radar Detector Hardwire Question

Old Apr 6, 2015, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radar Detector Hardwire Question

I've found a few how-to's, but nothing specific to my question via searching, so here it is:

I've got a Passport Max 2, a Blendmount, and a 8ft RJ11 Hardtap wiring kit, including a black ground, a red power wire that plugs into a little blue contraption, which itself clips onto an existing 12V power wire somewhere. It came with a 2A fuse inline - but I think it needs a 7.5A or 10A fuse otherwise it will pop, right? The write-up I found said to take the gauge fuse (i actually found that little sucker) and use it, but then I'm driving blind because that fuse is now gone, right? Also, I'm not sure what color wire or which of the right colored wires (when the right color is discovered) to tap into under the dash, any suggestions? Or, it looks like there's 2-3 spots to plug into at the top of the wire harness if I cut the blue protective shroud off the red power wire on the 8ft cord, but I don't know if they're all 12V or if they are in fact usable plugs or if I'll create a singularity if I do plug in.

This is all way over my head and I see myself at Best Buy in the near future, if all else fails. Thanks in advance for any help.

Best, Dan
Old Apr 7, 2015, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disregard, figured out the missing step and everything is hooked up.