Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Hella Supertones install (EASY)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2015, 12:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hella Supertones install (EASY)

So after scouring youtube and Google for a simple how to on installing Hella Supertones on the Evo X I came up with nothing. I absolutely HATE wiring and the like with a passion and came up with a simple solution without using the supplied relay that Hella provides, as well as only using approximately 12 inches of wire total. Zero splicing and I didn't have to run wires to the battery or the positive connection point by the engine. I did however have to trim the plastic piece that sits over the upper intercooler pipe a bit with where I mounted them but as the description in the video of what I've done to simplify this install, I'd rather trim the plastic piece than mess around with a bunch of wire. Here's the link to the YouTube video I've uploaded.

Old Apr 10, 2015, 03:35 PM

Hella Supertones install (EASY)-image-464791771.jpg This is what I had to trim on the right side of the plastic piece.

And this is the trimmed portion on the left side.
Attached Thumbnails Hella Supertones install (EASY)-image-806285173.jpg  
Old May 4, 2020, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Quasimodo_ak
So after scouring youtube and Google for a simple how to on installing Hella Supertones on the Evo X I came up with nothing. I absolutely HATE wiring and the like with a passion and came up with a simple solution without using the supplied relay that Hella provides, as well as only using approximately 12 inches of wire total. Zero splicing and I didn't have to run wires to the battery or the positive connection point by the engine. I did however have to trim the plastic piece that sits over the upper intercooler pipe a bit with where I mounted them but as the description in the video of what I've done to simplify this install, I'd rather trim the plastic piece than mess around with a bunch of wire. Here's the link to the YouTube video I've uploaded.

Hella Supertone Evo X easy install - YouTube
bump.

Never blew a fuse by not hooking up the relay??
Old May 4, 2020, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
I've been running mine for a year on the stock relay/fuse/circuit. I've used the horn plenty but haven't done any minute long blasts. The genuine Hella Supertones are rated 12A and the factory fuse is 15A so unless you have a bad ground or knock-off horns you should be fine.
Old May 4, 2020, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by splattj
I've been running mine for a year on the stock relay/fuse/circuit. I've used the horn plenty but haven't done any minute long blasts. The genuine Hella Supertones are rated 12A and the factory fuse is 15A so unless you have a bad ground or knock-off horns you should be fine.
Ok great thanks man.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 02:16 PM

These change the whole look of the front end.