Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

installing downpipe

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2015, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
installing downpipe

Hey guys, just bought a Tomei downpipe for my 08 Evo X, I'm going to be installing it next week just wondering if any of you had any tips or problems you ran into during the installation? Thanks!
Old Aug 14, 2015, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by jakebehan95
Hey guys, just bought a Tomei downpipe for my 08 Evo X, I'm going to be installing it next week just wondering if any of you had any tips or problems you ran into during the installation? Thanks!
Have patience, it's gonna take a little bit. Make sure you have socket extensions and swivel sockets. Also use plenty of PB blaster
Old Aug 14, 2015, 12:53 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Get a 3 foot extension and you can get all the bolts out by going through the passenger side wheel well. Use PLENTY of PB blaster, and be prepared for the car to be down for a few days if you break bolts off in the turbine housing. Use a lot of a good high temp anti-seize when you're putting it back together to prevent the bolts from galling up in the housing.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by e_kobz
Have patience, it's gonna take a little bit. Make sure you have socket extensions and swivel sockets. Also use plenty of PB blaster

Thanks for the tips! Will post a thread once downpipe is in, should be installing it this Saturday
Old Aug 16, 2015, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
Get a 3 foot extension and you can get all the bolts out by going through the passenger side wheel well. Use PLENTY of PB blaster, and be prepared for the car to be down for a few days if you break bolts off in the turbine housing. Use a lot of a good high temp anti-seize when you're putting it back together to prevent the bolts from galling up in the housing.

Will be sure to use your advice, thanks!