Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Installing 2015 factory nav into 2015 Evo FE with usb/blue tooth. (question)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2016, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing 2015 factory nav into 2015 Evo FE with usb/blue tooth. (question)

Hi everyone I done some searching and cant quite find the answer to what I want.

I have a 2015 Evolution FE with the factory head unit that has the sat radio, usb, Bluetooth and touch screen. (Not sure if that's what they all come with or not as base)

Anyway I was wanting to put the nav unit from a 2015 into it. Was looking to see if anyone had the model type I need. (I seen posts about a N-11, N-12 and newest I think I saw was a N-14.

And since new if still need the install kit. (Guess kit probably comes with the GPS antennia?

Or better off to save lot of cash and just get a Garmin lol

Read some that the factory Nav isn't that great anyway
Old Sep 23, 2016, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honestly.. if you dont have the Fosgate speaker package then you will be better off to just swap in the garmin.. or get a android solution so that you get the all-n-one effect. (plus the android or kenwood head unit is a lot faster than the OEM Navi.)

and if you are doing this.. you will need the install kit. if you dont have the upgraded sound you will need the upgraded head unit bezel as well.

If i had the choice to do it all again.. and i didnt have an upgraded sound.. i would do the android/aftermarket setup... that way you can setup your own amps and ect and use a faster easier to upgrade navi solution.

hope that helps...
Old Nov 29, 2016, 06:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Why not Android when you have the Fosgate system?

I have the non-nav unit. It's painfully slow for browsing music on USB, was thinking of dropping in one of those android things. Don't care about handsfree calling or GPS, just being able to select a song in less than 4 minutes.