Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Ipad dash build for evo x!!!!

Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ipad dash build for evo x!!!!

UPDATED!!!!! 4/21/2012

i have built mine and posted it and had great compliments from fellow members. im now building one for skylinefanatic and very pleased with the results. let me know what you guys think about the new design. if you guys are interested we can produce these. this is for his mr with rockford audio. it is only capable plug and play harness if you have this option. we do have another option custom wiring that works with after market, which is how im running it. this still had to be painted and harness made. we have to put the cutout for connector in and send it out for paint.

Last edited by BKevoX; Apr 21, 2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

This is awesome, I'm pretty tired of my pioneer in dash and I would love one of these to put an android tablet in. I prefer google maps 100 times to the pioneer navigation which is mediocre at best. Just not sure how easy it would be get the speakers hooked up to it and then there's the issue of getting a data connection somehow.

Anyway, its a sick idea.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 03:13 PM

it is no problem if you have the rockford system we make it plug and play. everything is ran of the ipad,ipod,iphone how ever you prefer but has to be powered by the amp(or aftermarket). i am actually making a harness for a member with a android tablet. data you can tether off your phone to your tablet. in dash lcd's are out dated its all about the tablets now a days.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 06:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking good BKevoX, cant wait to get the finished product and install it in my new 2012 EVO MR. It will be my first mod before driving to AMS in Chicago for engine mods in June while attending the Spring Awakening Tour.

I miss my Infiniti G35 6MT sport coupe less and less thanks to the great Evo community.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 08:02 AM

^ no problem and cant wait to get it to you so you can show it off!!
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

you guys do know pioneer make an app radio and there the first to do so here is a link price is good too! they have 2 different screen sizes one for 399.00 and one for 599.00

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...28SPH-DA100%29
Old Mar 21, 2012, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ i have the 399 one. had it for about 5 months now. works great. the only thing i wish is that you could stream music via blutooth instead of having it plugged in all the time. it got such a hassle plugging it into the AUX down at the bottom that i ran the cord where the switches are by the E-Brake and relocated those.

that and i have issues with the radio cutting out as low volumes, just a warning though, if you have the rockford system and are looking into the app radio, do not expect to keep the same sound quality as you had with your stock dash. probably my biggest complaint about the system is i noticed a good amount of quality decrease going to the app radio.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 01:38 PM

Very sweet
Old Mar 21, 2012, 03:02 PM

thats great with the in dash but you can still have it stolen. the ipad is removable. there is no reason for someone to break into the car for a stereo if there isnt one there.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

Nicely done!
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:08 AM

^ thank you
Old Mar 22, 2012, 09:18 AM

The Pioneer is nice, but I already have multiple iPads that I use for work and play. Therefore spending more money for a separate "head unit" for my car just doesn’t make sense to me especially when BKevoX's kit is well within the cost of an aftermarket head unit and still have the uniqueness and flexibility I am looking for in my car.

Last edited by SkylineFanatic; Mar 22, 2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 09:42 AM

might have to do this when i get my ipad =)
Old Mar 22, 2012, 03:10 PM

steffy27^ let me know when you are ready! lol and skyline thanks for the back up on the comment. im getting it to the painter this weekend and tracking this bad boy to finish the wiring harness kit.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:08 PM

+1 for using audiophile-grade controller... I am a big audiophile (should have seen my g35 with all Alpine and JL setup (including W7 subs). I promised my wife this time around I would go crazy so the iPad kit might be it for me this go around, but I am very happy to see you use top notch comp. in this kit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ipad dash build for evo x!!!!