Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

best color wheel for cosmic blue evo?

Old Dec 30, 2013, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best color wheel for cosmic blue evo?

Really set on rota grids, 18×9.5+20 on stock tires for the moment since I rather buy coils then all new tires. Considering my tires are fine at the second. Anyway anybody have af wheels on their cb?? I cannot find anything online. Thankzz
Old Dec 31, 2013, 03:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best color? You mean from a performance or setup standpoint? As in, which color will provide the least amount of understeer when exiting the Octopus at Thunderbolt? Well black of course. If you are looking for something more aesthetic I suggest the Show and Shine thread.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 11:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
imo gold or bronze are a great pair with the cosmic
Old Jan 1, 2014, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnr352
Best color? You mean from a performance or setup standpoint? As in, which color will provide the least amount of understeer when exiting the Octopus at Thunderbolt? Well black of course. If you are looking for something more aesthetic I suggest the Show and Shine thread.
Before I help with that last part (i.e., move the thread), let me expand upon what John wrote, because not many people know this. What I'm going to tell you is based on years of study, most of which was done watching videos on YouTube (some of which had cars in them; some of which starred Cheech and Chong).

Black wheels might be good for things named after cephalopods, as John suggested, but the back straight at Lyme Rock, with the trees on your left, calls for green, instead, such that an off doesn't ruin the look of the car. More generally, gold wheels enhance longitudinal grip, but increase understeer; ask anyone with a recent STi. Black wheels only work if the tires are slicks, while, in contrast - as it were - white wheels are only good for gravel. Blue wheels should only be used by males who are trying to change the color of one part of their anatomy to something other than blue. (Warning: it rarely works.) Finally, red wheels are a subtle sign that says: "if I were in a bathroom, I'd be tapping my foot on your side of the wall between our stalls."

edit: not that there's anything wrong with that....

Last edited by Iowa999; Jan 1, 2014 at 09:43 AM.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 10:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Iowa999
Before I help with that last part (i.e., move the thread), let me expand upon what John wrote, because not many people know this. What I'm going to tell you is based on years of study, most of which was done watching videos on YouTube (some of which had cars in them; some of which starred Cheech and Chong).

Black wheels might be good for things named after cephalopods, as John suggested, but the back straight at Lyme Rock, with the trees on your left, calls for green, instead, such that an off doesn't ruin the look of the car. More generally, gold wheels enhance longitudinal grip, but increase understeer; ask anyone with a recent STi. Black wheels only work if the tires are slicks, while, in contrast - as it were - white wheels are only good for gravel. Blue wheels should only be used by males who are trying to change the color of one part of their anatomy to something other than blue. (Warning: it rarely works.) Finally, red wheels are a subtle sign that says: "if I were in a bathroom, I'd be tapping my foot on your side of the wall between our stalls."

edit: not that there's anything wrong with that....
Well, interesting perspective on wheel color haha.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks. Given that you like gold wheels on a blue car and I like white wheels on a blue car, both of us are clearly struggling with Scooby Doo issues. If you come up with a cure, please send me a PM.

ps. IMO, Linda Cardellini was a great choice for Velma, but Sarah Michelle Gellar was a terrible Daphne ... I mean, let's be real ... Buffy the Scrappy Doo Slayer?
Old Jan 1, 2014, 12:56 PM

White imo
Old Jan 1, 2014, 01:18 PM
Evolving Member

Honestly gold might look really good on the dark blue. White might be too contrasting. So I'd say gold or gunmetal
Old Feb 23, 2014, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

I have gold XXR 527s.. I like em, but Subaru kind of owns the blue on gold combination so I am still a bit on the fence about them.. lol

Old Feb 23, 2014, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

Hyper black
Old Feb 23, 2014, 07:21 PM
Sev
Evolved Member

Black or White.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

I like the gold on blue! Yeah Subaru is def known for their gold on blue, but the blue on theirs cars is quite a bit lighter then the Cosmic.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

Old Feb 24, 2014, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

^^ White looks great as seen above. I think a nice bright silver would look great as well, very clean and classy.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 09:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BlackTrack
^^ White looks great as seen above. I think a nice bright silver would look great as well, very clean and classy.
Agreed!
Currently working on some 19's CE's stay tuned :-)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: best color wheel for cosmic blue evo?