Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

popping tune

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2015, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
popping tune

so i have this add on feature since my car got tuned, and sound really good in person specially when you follow the car. I have to add, the MXP cat back alone is a great sounding exhaust with a very livable sound level in cruising or city traffic. But opens up under load a lot.

I have been asked to make a video about it, and today we did switched seats with my friend. I tried to make a video of it. Oh well its a phone video and with my ****ty camera man experience, this is what i got.

I hope at least you guys get some idea how it sounds. It is truly great add on thing for your tune.

Doesnt hurt the car, and my tuner cut the popping sound under 3600 rpm. So under that rpm the car runs completely normal, and quiet.

Last edited by Robevo RS; May 24, 2015 at 01:52 PM.
Old May 24, 2015, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
You're moving down a slippery slope. First carbon print wrap, now crackling and popping. You must fight the urge to sticker bomb and go Hella flush!
Old May 24, 2015, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tuxevo
You're moving down a slippery slope. First carbon print wrap, now crackling and popping. You must fight the urge to sticker bomb and go Hella flush!
hm... maybe, but for the record, this was waaaay before the cf vinyl roof
Old May 24, 2015, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
hm... maybe, but for the record, this was waaaay before the cf vinyl roof
noooo
Old Aug 3, 2015, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

so i made a short video , but still i think its far away how it sounds in person. Also you can hear how quiet this exhaust set up gets if you are not on t.
The best is on high way. there is 0 drone etc. very comfortable for long travel. But when you on it its sounds great.

here is the video, i made put it together youtube video manager so it is what it is. lol

Old Aug 3, 2015, 07:04 PM

Cool, how much power are you making on this tune if you don't mind? And when you say add on feature what exactly did you mean? Hardware or just pure tune for that pop?
Old Aug 3, 2015, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

what's your 2 step like?
Old Aug 3, 2015, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by eeeeevo45
Cool, how much power are you making on this tune if you don't mind? And when you say add on feature what exactly did you mean? Hardware or just pure tune for that pop?
its a feature what a tuner can add on , when he or she tunes your car. Doesn't requires hardware . In fact because the X is drive by wire, even the true ALS doesn't need any hardware anymore.
The pop and bang itself doesn't makes any extra HP. ( so as the ALS)

i have no clue about power. I am not a dyno queen
car pulls hard all the way to the red line. Smooth and quick.

Also as i said only thing i have right now is a cat back , test pipe and the drop in filter from HKS. That is all.

i have in a basement an HKS racing intake , Tomei o2 housing and down pipe.

I am not sure what i will do with them. I love the car as it is. So civilized and so.
But a same time quick , responsive when its needs to be.

The pop and bangs come in over 3600 rpm. Under that it is none existent . The car sounds and behaves as any normal stock car. Almost like going into a stealth mode lol

Last edited by Robevo RS; Aug 3, 2015 at 08:07 PM.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Harro
what's your 2 step like?
honestly ... i dont know lol.

Last edited by Robevo RS; Aug 3, 2015 at 08:11 PM.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
its a feature what a tuner can add on , when he or she tunes your car. Doesn't requires hardware . In fact because the X is drive by wire, even the true ALS doesn't need any hardware anymore.
The pop and bang itself doesn't makes any extra HP. ( so as the ALS)

i have no clue about power. I am not a dyno queen
car pulls hard all the way to the red line. Smooth and quick.

Also as i said only thing i have right now is a cat back , test pipe and the drop in filter from HKS. That is all.

i have in a basement an HKS racing intake , Tomei o2 housing and down pipe.

I am not sure what i will do with them. I love the car as it is. So civilized and so.
But a same time quick , responsive when its needs to be.

The pop and bangs come in over 3600 rpm. Under that it is none existent . The car sounds and behaves as any normal stock car. Almost like going into a stealth mode lol
Thanks! When you have your car tuned professionally it is your right to know how much power and TQ your car is making unless your tuner has no dyno and you're street tuned then I understand but I really don't think that it will make you a dyno Queen just for asking your tuner about it once really.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by eeeeevo45
Thanks! When you have your car tuned professionally it is your right to know how much power and TQ your car is making unless your tuner has no dyno and you're street tuned then I understand but I really don't think that it will make you a dyno Queen just for asking your tuner about it once really.
i have dyno sheet for my rally car, and the only reason is i have that, because the shop owner printed out volunteerly for himself, so he made 3 for us too. lol

We have a big screen and we see what is going on there. After that we never discuss it. Since really wont matter anymore, after the job is done. I think Gabor has all the sheets or something on his laptop. But maybe not. I am really clueless what tuners doing . I personally dont even care as long as the car reliable performs for a long period of time....
Old Aug 9, 2015, 12:24 PM

Lol This is awesome!
Old Aug 29, 2015, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Reviving a thread here but do you know how this was achieved? Was it just negative timing above 3600 RPM and under 30% load?
Old Aug 30, 2015, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

i am not a tuner, so i dont know. But seems many tuner gets it wrong, i doubt it would be that simple and easy.
In fact i think he even mentioned it something like: if you take it lightly, can cause damage( hence wrong tune).
But he doesnt, so i know people who runs it years , no engine harm what so ever , and i am running it over 20K mile no problem. But i am sure it wont be. I had numerous problem before he tuned my race car. Since he tunes my race car that is problem free in years too( like 4 years already)

So i have some experience with him in years now in here. And before in the EU. But that is a whole other story.

IF you need something like this , i suggest talk to EU tuners, like Lancer register forums etc. But i am not sure if they would give out they secrets etc. Although its worth a shot.

Last edited by Robevo RS; Aug 30, 2015 at 08:00 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Yeah I'll have to check it out. I want to load a pops and bangs alt map just for fun for weekend cruises with the guys. Thanks!

Quick Reply: popping tune