Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Evo X stock offset?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2010, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow those links are ridiculously helpfull!!!

GJ on finding those!
Old Jan 19, 2011, 02:59 PM
Former Sponsor

ttt
Old Apr 11, 2015, 06:28 PM

wheel fitment

Can i put Evo X wheels 18"X 8.5 +38 offset with 245/40 tires on my Evo IX came with 17"X 8.0 +35 and will i need spacers to move the wheel out towards the fenders.
Old May 21, 2015, 07:03 AM

Im running Enkei RPF1 18x9.5 with a 15mm offset and the fitment is PERFECT! no rub at all no rolling required and the tire sticks out just the right amount.. not too far in or out.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by JDEve
Im running Enkei RPF1 18x9.5 with a 15mm offset and the fitment is PERFECT! no rub at all no rolling required and the tire sticks out just the right amount.. not too far in or out.
I'd love to see stock wheels with this offset and setup.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JDEve
What tire size?
Old Jun 30, 2015, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Roen
What tire size?
They are 245's and either 40 or 45s I would have to check but I have Dunlop direzzas on them and it looks clean as hell
Old Jul 1, 2015, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

That's not perfect fitment. Your tires are stretched.

In the future, when people ask for wheels / tires that fit, they mean, if I get this wheel and tire unstretched, will it fit / rub/ whatever.

I could fit 18x20 with 105 tires, but that's not really fitting now, is it?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Roen
That's not perfect fitment. Your tires are stretched.

In the future, when people ask for wheels / tires that fit, they mean, if I get this wheel and tire unstretched, will it fit / rub/ whatever.

I could fit 18x20 with 105 tires, but that's not really fitting now, is it?
Yea I was talking about with stock wheel size like in the comment above. The stock tire size fits the rims is what I meant, I love the look sorry for the confusion!
Old Dec 13, 2015, 04:57 PM

Bringing this back from the dead. Will 18x8.5 +40mm offset fit? Trying to find some winter wheels. Currently looking at RIVA MX7's.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
you guys need to do some research on your own here on the forum. But offset is not everything. What I mean is just because an 18x9.5 +25 will clear/fit from one wheel manufacturer, it does not mean the same wheel and size will clear the calipers from a different wheel from another.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Astro_Train
you guys need to do some research on your own here on the forum. But offset is not everything. What I mean is just because an 18x9.5 +25 will clear/fit from one wheel manufacturer, it does not mean the same wheel and size will clear the calipers from a different wheel from another.

As I am new to these cars I am trying to learn and figure out what works. My Mitsubishi dealer offered to sell me the RIVA MX7's with winter tires for $3000CAD so I went and priced them out myself for $1800CAD. What do you know, they don't clear the caliper. Why would Mitsubishi try to sell me wheels that won't fit? I have done research on wheels and I wasn't going to spend $300-$400 per wheel on winter wheels. I ask questions because I can't find answers. Even 1010tires told me they should fit. Lesson learned. Winter tires are on my factory BBS wheels now so now I am looking for a nice summer rim for my car.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Newby81
As I am new to these cars I am trying to learn and figure out what works. My Mitsubishi dealer offered to sell me the RIVA MX7's with winter tires for $3000CAD so I went and priced them out myself for $1800CAD. What do you know, they don't clear the caliper. Why would Mitsubishi try to sell me wheels that won't fit? I have done research on wheels and I wasn't going to spend $300-$400 per wheel on winter wheels. I ask questions because I can't find answers. Even 1010tires told me they should fit. Lesson learned. Winter tires are on my factory BBS wheels now so now I am looking for a nice summer rim for my car.
Yea Mitsu dealers sadly do not know Evos very well... so here are some hints... keep in mind some of this is a bit subjective. I included some links below so you can browse pics as well.

If you are going to buy wheels for an Evo, there are about 3 categories (if I can call them that) as far as pricing goes. I am not a fan of replica wheels but alot of folks run Rotas on their cars. They are decent wheels but are cheap. Under 1k will net you a set.

For me, if I am on a budget, I rather go with Enkeis are the way to go. The RPF1 or NT03+M is the best wheel for the buck IMO. You can score a used set for 1k or about 1300 for a new set. They look great and are light and for what you pay for them... can't beat them.
Next.. Rays Gram Lights.. Best bang for the buck. They are JDM wheels made for our cars and have some very nice designs. These will typically run you around 16 to 1700 for a set. These are cast wheels.
Then you got your more expensive wheels... Advans and Volk. The latter are forged. But Advans use a unique flow form they call it which makes them very strong but forged is still king. Both of these wheels will run at least 2400 or more... Volks closer to 3k.
There some other good ones out there like Work. Well here are the links... enjoy browsing.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...vo-x-only.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...el-thread.html
Old Dec 25, 2015, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Astro_Train
Yea Mitsu dealers sadly do not know Evos very well... so here are some hints... keep in mind some of this is a bit subjective. I included some links below so you can browse pics as well.

If you are going to buy wheels for an Evo, there are about 3 categories (if I can call them that) as far as pricing goes. I am not a fan of replica wheels but alot of folks run Rotas on their cars. They are decent wheels but are cheap. Under 1k will net you a set.

For me, if I am on a budget, I rather go with Enkeis are the way to go. The RPF1 or NT03+M is the best wheel for the buck IMO. You can score a used set for 1k or about 1300 for a new set. They look great and are light and for what you pay for them... can't beat them.
Next.. Rays Gram Lights.. Best bang for the buck. They are JDM wheels made for our cars and have some very nice designs. These will typically run you around 16 to 1700 for a set. These are cast wheels.
Then you got your more expensive wheels... Advans and Volk. The latter are forged. But Advans use a unique flow form they call it which makes them very strong but forged is still king. Both of these wheels will run at least 2400 or more... Volks closer to 3k.
There some other good ones out there like Work. Well here are the links... enjoy browsing.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...vo-x-only.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...el-thread.html

Thanks, as my winter tires are now on my factory wheels I will be looking for a good set for the summer. I also want it to be more flush than what they are. I will have a look at the links you sent.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 12:55 PM

+1