Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Responses Needed ASAP!...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2008, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Responses Needed ASAP!...

Well, it looks like I came across a good deal on a EVO X w/ SSS package for 32xxx, but IM STUCK IN IRAQ til Feb. Its priced at 32xxx then they will offer 500 off military along with 0%. My main concern right now is the stock tires...I know everyone has posted abotu how ****ty it is to drive on them in winter, we live in KS so it does snow. With holidays coming up, winter tires cant be bought just yet...will she be able to get around in it fine on days it doesnt snow?

Friend of mine left his car with my wife, and he said its fine for her to use on snowy days

thanks
Ramon
Old Dec 10, 2008, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There is a warning on the door about not driving in anything below 50 degrees. The stock tires are very sticky rubber, so they freeze/get hard easily. I would think that if the car is garage kept & there is absolutely no snow or ice on the roads, you should be fine though.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 03:40 PM

Temp in KS does get under 50degrees about this time
Old Dec 10, 2008, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My main concern would first off be road conditions. Second would be length of time outside. I would think running errands & leaving the car out for a few hours would be no problem. Would the car be garage kept?
Old Dec 10, 2008, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have not driven in snow with the X yet, but i have driven with temperatures on the 20 and after the tires warm up they are fine. But i am not racing the car, i am driving normal.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 04:15 PM

Yes, I do have a garage which it will be in while its not being driven, I told her to keep in there til she needs to run somewhere and if weather seems too bad, drive friends Galant. Once i get home, buying a set of wheels, then slapping winters on stockies!

Wish me luck, I should know by 2morrow the word on deal...wife is heading to dealer now, its 315am in iraq, time for sleep, work in 8 hours!
Old Dec 10, 2008, 04:18 PM

I don't know about the X, but I live in VT where it REALLY snows, and I drove in the snow for about 2 weeks till my tires got mounted.

Spring for it!