Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

TPMS DIY Tool coming ???

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2012, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
I contacted Orange today and they said the updated sensors are on order and are expected to be in about six weeks from now. I'm on the advanced order list so I'll let you all know when they become available and how they work out for me!
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by splattj
This is a totally different concept. You scan your existing sensors and clone their IDs to Orange sensors. This way you never have to update the ECU. $260 for the tool and about $50 a sensor
Do you know if the above prices are still (close to) accurate? $260 once and $200 per set of wheels is close to being worth it to me. For now, I just regret not putting the OE sensors in the winter/rallycross wheels, as those are the ones that need this.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by splattj
I contacted Orange today and they said the updated sensors are on order and are expected to be in about six weeks from now. I'm on the advanced order list so I'll let you all know when they become available and how they work out for me!
Who did you talk to at orange? The person I've been emailing (Lisa Adams) still says there's nothing available and no ETA
Old Feb 23, 2012, 07:23 PM

It appears like this tool is never coming for Mitsu's...
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Svenis
It appears like this tool is never coming for Mitsu's...
after my post earlier today, I got another email saying that the sensors would be available in 6 weeks, I guess we'll see what happens at that point.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 09:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bump anyone know if the tactrix cable can reset the TPMS?
Old Jun 29, 2012, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Unless some almost-magical software has been written very recently that we have not heard about, then the answer is (still) No.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 09:57 PM

i am just think to buy one set which cound connect with a aftermarket dvd player.anyone use such sensors?

i saw one set on a shop which i am just thinking to buy aftermarket dvd there.
http://www.autoadas.com/universal-tp...yer-p-367.html
Old Jul 2, 2012, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

You can install that, if you wish, and it will show you the pressures, but it will not "talk" to the ECU, so you'd still have to mate the sensors to the ECU.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 08:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gizmotoy
Hmm... this would pay for itself pretty quickly with the ridiculous fees Mitsubishi charges.
with 2 times a year and probable tpms replacement, the tools will pay for itself but not the pricey VT55 or VT56 nor Bartec 500, 400
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lanxe
with 2 times a year and probable tpms replacement, the tools will pay for itself but not the pricey VT55 or VT56 nor Bartec 500, 400
Thread resurrection?

FYI, we already have a new TPMS solution. Get cloned TPMS sensors for each set of wheels that you have.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Roen
Thread resurrection?

FYI, we already have a new TPMS solution. Get cloned TPMS sensors for each set of wheels that you have.
But cloning is not the best solution since you are doing the work twice, better to replace the defective TPMS sensor and do the relearn process. Assume you have a non-responding sensor, how will you determine the MAC address? By removing it and reading the sensor ID but, what if you cannot read it
Old Apr 22, 2015, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

But cloning is not the best solution since you are doing the work twice, better to replace the defective TPMS sensor and do the relearn process. Assume you have a non-responding sensor, how will you determine the MAC address? By removing it and reading the sensor ID but, what if you cannot read it
Evos don't have a user-controlled relearn process.

The Evo ECU can only store 1 set of TPMS sensors. If you get new stock ones, you have to go to the dealer every time you want to change a set of wheels.

If you have 2 sets of wheels, $200 each year to change wheels ($100 dealer fee x 2) isn't a great proposition.

Please search on this topic instead of posting garbage to increase post count. This has been covered many times.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Roen
Evos don't have a user-controlled relearn process.

The Evo ECU can only store 1 set of TPMS sensors. If you get new stock ones, you have to go to the dealer every time you want to change a set of wheels.

If you have 2 sets of wheels, $200 each year to change wheels ($100 dealer fee x 2) isn't a great proposition.

Please search on this topic instead of posting garbage to increase post count. This has been covered many times.
i don't want to ressurect the thread, maybe I hit the wrong reply.... i purchased the mitsureset and VT30 for almost CAD400 including tax which I used to relearn the mitsubishi lancer, outlander and RVR but, the tool will work for EVO as well according to ATEQ. I was replying to that the price I paid for the tools is enough to cover the cost of the dealer's relearn process considering as you mentioned, $200/yr if you swapped tires for summer/winter which I do. Also, I wrote that the VT55 or VT56 cannot pay for itself if you will use it for your car only and you don't have a garage, I don't have. I can offer to help other guys to do the relearn in Scarborough
Old Apr 22, 2015, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

i don't want to ressurect the thread, maybe I hit the wrong reply.... i purchased the mitsureset and VT30 for almost CAD400 including tax which I used to relearn the mitsubishi lancer, outlander and RVR but, the tool will work for EVO as well according to ATEQ. I was replying to that the price I paid for the tools is enough to cover the cost of the dealer's relearn process considering as you mentioned, $200/yr if you swapped tires for summer/winter which I do. Also, I wrote that the VT55 or VT56 cannot pay for itself if you will use it for your car only and you don't have a garage, I don't have. I can offer to help other guys to do the relearn in Scarborough
I just pay $250 for cloned TPMS for each set of wheels.

How much is a set of stock TPMS anyway?

Quick Reply: TPMS DIY Tool coming ???