Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Winter Tire and Wheel Reminder

Old Oct 24, 2013, 12:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Winter Tire and Wheel Reminder

It's that time for my yearly winter tire reminder. We have had sticking snow here Indiana this week, Ohio has seen snowfall already, and in the mountains out west it's business as usual.

Popular tires for moderate to low snow climates, that see more plowed roads than highways, tend to be the Bridgestone Blizzak LM60, their new LM-32, and Dunlops Winter Sport 4D. Both are considered very equal to each other in snow traction and in dry road handling/cornering and were the tires of choice in this category. The Bridgestone's move the balance closer to the snow traction side while the Dunlop does slightly better in dry. Both an ideal choice for someone having trouble deciding between the high performance snow tires that sacrifice a lot of snow traction and the Q/R rated snow tires that trade off too much in handling and dry grip.

Persons living in more rural areas or heavy snow climates lean toward the Blizzak WS-70 or Michelin X-Ice Xi3. I've noticed when driving both that the added tread depth of the Blizzak helps deep snow traction on those early unplowed mornings. The X-Ice is a bit happier on ice surfaces and tends to handle a bit tighter on clear roads due to the 2/32nd's difference in depth compared to the Blizzak.

I would not wait too long, it's better to be proactive than reactive. Ordering early when most products are still available lets you choose what you want to buy rather than being forced to settle for what is left over. Best to be ready with products in hand before it snows so that you can put them on when you are ready, rather than waiting for a shipment to arrive after the first snow. We should have most inventory available now to mid November. Tires and wheels purchased together are mounted and balanced at no charge to make changeover easy and we do offer the oem pressure sensors.

You can view full winter tire and wheel packages at our winter upgrade garage.

Remember to mention "Neal ext 624" in the comments section of your online order. This way I can review the order and process it faster. As always you may call me direct also
Old Nov 29, 2013, 05:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
awesome
Old Nov 29, 2013, 07:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Just ordered some Blizzak WS 70's from Neal. Thanks man!!
Old Nov 29, 2013, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Neal, not seeing some of the tires available that were there like a month ago. I know some where cheap and had good reviews too.