Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Bad squeaking breaks so i need recommended aftermarket brake pads

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2014, 07:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TxFAkuma
Hawk = $$$ , Ferodo = For rich people.

What about Girodisc pads? or stoptech? That's definitely more in my budget. Can i use stop shims with these pads? Recommended?

Thanks.
Wow...the X really must be falling off in value. I was rather hoping that the non-existence of an XI would boost the value, at least for the time being. Instead, we now have threads about Napa pads and ghost riding X's. FML.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
-Quote- My friend, EvoX maintenance = $$ and you will soon learn that putting cheap parts on like those NAPA pads will mean you're going to waste your money. Drop the coin and do it right the first time, there's no cheap way out.

Evo x maintenance =$$$$ for sure, especially if you have MR. But you should know that going in. There is more than enough information available to get an accurate idea about what owning an X will cost you.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 01:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NFSLancerRA
Wow...the X really must be falling off in value. I was rather hoping that the non-existence of an XI would boost the value, at least for the time being. Instead, we now have threads about Napa pads and ghost riding X's. FML.
My thoughts exactly. And actual good suggestions in the thread that are disregarded from people like you and I.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by DSG Performance
My friend, EvoX maintenance = $$ and you will soon learn that putting cheap parts on like those NAPA pads will mean you're going to waste your money. Drop the coin and do it right the first time, there's no cheap way out
Gotta pay to play...listen to the man
Old Sep 23, 2014, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by MrEvo420
Never met anyone that owns an evo and their breaks don't squeak lol some more than others...
I've had my car for over 12 months and never heard a peep, they're totally quiet ( all stock).

I m just a bout to change pads as the existing pads are near finished.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by DSG Performance
My friend, EvoX maintenance = $$ and you will soon learn that putting cheap parts on like those NAPA pads will mean you're going to waste your money. Drop the coin and do it right the first time, there's no cheap way out
Definitely get what you pay for...
Old Nov 19, 2014, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

Good to know

Ok I was actually searching for a similar issue because I noticed mine are acting like a child, but had a feeling it was just the normal act from the stocks. My GSR has about 1.2K on it already and only had it for around a month. So I was surprised a bit thinking no way it could be that worn down already, so was thinking it has to be a mix of the cold and just stock being broken in. They aren't to bad, but they do sound like a bus or a truck. To add on to what others say the Stoptechs I loved for my Lancer GTS, they ARE dusty, at least from what I've seen but they bit great. This isn't a civic so dont use the store brand. Autoanything has some good prices for pads if you're still looking.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 02:26 AM

meh pads are pads, if you use the Napa pads they work like any other replacement pads. resurface your rotors every brake job should be fine and re-grease the back of the pad with a thin layer. Brakes will squeak its not the end of the world unless pad life is down your car will still stop on a dime. That rock in the pad BS don't fall for it ask them to you show you. If there is a piece missing of your pad then its not from a rock, it most likely broke off from cracking and wearing.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 05:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by evoxisking
any pads that are non metallic = no squeaking
Does anyone know if this is true? Are the hawk hp pads metallic? I was going to order the hawk hp combo for $189 from lancershop.. good deal? Good pads? I dont track.

Actually, the squeaking comes from the front pads.. can I just replace the front pads to the hawk hps pads and leave the rear stock?

Thanks.

Last edited by TxFAkuma; Jan 5, 2015 at 05:27 AM.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:53 AM
Gold Sponsor

Hey TxFAkuma,

Hawk is a great brand and one of our most popular sellers when it comes to brake pads.

Message us when you are ready to purchase and I can look into getting you a great deal!

- Nico

Originally Posted by TxFAkuma
Does anyone know if this is true? Are the hawk hp pads metallic? I was going to order the hawk hp combo for $189 from lancershop.. good deal? Good pads? I dont track.

Actually, the squeaking comes from the front pads.. can I just replace the front pads to the hawk hps pads and leave the rear stock?

Thanks.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Are the hawk pads metallic? Would it be okay to just replace front wheels with hawk pads and leave oem in the rear? They might be best sellers but im extremely trying to get rid of these squeaking OEM pads.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by LancerShop.com
Hey TxFAkuma,

Hawk is a great brand and one of our most popular sellers when it comes to brake pads.

Message us when you are ready to purchase and I can look into getting you a great deal!

- Nico
How is the brake dust? I replaced my brakes a year ago and they are decent pads, but I forgot what they were and what composition, but man every week they just cover my wheels in dust, which as I can tell is pretty corrosive on the finish of the wheels, my wheels used to have a nice gloss to them, now they seem dull. also had a friend buy hp+ and they were noisy, he tried everything to quiet them and finally gave in and bought new pads after 3 months lol.. Sounded like a UPS truck pulling up everytime he stopped.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 08:14 AM

I run the Stoptech Street pads with Girodisc Titanium shims ($30) and some ceramic grease for daily duties. This combo has zero noise and much lower dust than stock. For track days I swap in some RBST43's in the front with Ferrodo 2500's in the rear.

Last edited by cravnpup; Jan 7, 2015 at 08:22 AM.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 02:23 PM
Gold Sponsor

The Hawk Brake Pads have less dust and are much more of a quiet brake pad. Check them out HERE.

Direct message me if you have any more questions.

- Nico
Old Jan 13, 2015, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Stoptech street pads or hawk hp pads? I am so torn...

Quick Reply: Bad squeaking breaks so i need recommended aftermarket brake pads