Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Bad squeaking breaks so i need recommended aftermarket brake pads

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 07:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Me and my girlfriend both bought two evos. Her Evo only had about 9k miles on it and the brakes started squeaking like crazy. It sounded so bad and so loud. We ignored it and it just went away after about another 2k-3k miles.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 08:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ilirDukaEvox
Me and my girlfriend both bought two evos. Her Evo only had about 9k miles on it and the brakes started squeaking like crazy. It sounded so bad and so loud. We ignored it and it just went away after about another 2k-3k miles.
Same Here
Old Mar 10, 2015, 09:51 PM

I'm not sure if you found some you like yet but I went with EBC Redstuff ceramic low dust brake pads and they're super quiet and work great with little wear. It was only around $210 total on Amazon.
Old May 9, 2015, 04:02 PM

Squeeky brakes

Originally Posted by TxFAkuma
Hey guys, I have pads and they squeak, squeak, squeak!! I bought the car 7k miles and it is so loud that it sounds like a city bus... when your next to a building its like a extremely loud whistle. I took it back to the dealer 3 times and the last time i took it there they took apart the brakes and cleaned it and said it looked like a rock got stuck between the pads and it damaged the passenger rotor slightly and they were not willing to pay for it. Anyway WTF ever (dealers are ****) the damn squeak came back today! I looked and their is no rocks.. im so fed up with this dumb *** evo X brakes.. seriously. My car sounds like crap. The guys at the dealer said its normal for evos to have squeaky brakes... well duh.. but not this bad.

So i was thinking i need to change the pads because maybe the guy before me threw some cheap *** hard pads in there? What pads should i get guys? Should i just change the pads where the squeaky noise is or should i just change all 4 wheels and call it a day?

I need advice because im about to ghost ride this *****!
I know dis is a late reply but I'm goin thru the exact same thing!! 😔😭😭😫 I actually hate my evo cuz of this! I've ordered the gyro disc magic pads so fingers crossed it works!!! So sick of goin bk to the dealership for them to tell me it's "normal"! The guy started spraying my wheels with a hose I was like wtf!? They started squeeling again as soon as I pulled off! I'm so fed up I really hate the car!! Plz gyro disco Save me!! 😔🙏
Old May 18, 2015, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
too lazy to read, but i'll just leave this here. Makes my track pads silent after a liberal application.

I also left a review where you can read my experience on this lube. 7th review down.

Amazon.com: Permatex 24125 Ceramic Extreme Brake Parts Lubricant, 8 oz.: Automotive Amazon.com: Permatex 24125 Ceramic Extreme Brake Parts Lubricant, 8 oz.: Automotive
Old May 19, 2015, 02:51 PM

I recently put on Wagner Thermoquiet brake pads because they were basically free and I just DD my car for now less than 10 miles per day. I had these on my 2g DSM for a long time with no issues. They cut down on the brake dust and are quiet on the Evo so far. Only thing that bothered me is that they offer fronts that are ceramic and the rears are semi metallic. I would say only slightly less bite than the stock pads @ 25k.
Old May 24, 2015, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by MrEvo420
Never met anyone that owns an evo and their breaks don't squeak lol some more than others...
My squeaked like a hungry guinea pig, and I mean in the winter and in the summer. Just comes with the territory. Girodisc magics are solid replacements
Old Jun 2, 2015, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Im the OP. The stoptech pads... FIXED EVERYTHING.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by TxFAkuma
Im the OP. The stoptech pads... FIXED EVERYTHING.
do you have the exact ones you went with and the site you got them from? Only need the front, back I went with hawk and they're good. But I got akebono cause they were cheap but honestly are the worst. Never had a ceramic brake pad give me so much noise and wear down so quick. Deff a do not buy(just had to throw that in on this post).
Old Jan 13, 2017, 05:41 PM

lancer shop has the Hawk HPS Front + Rear EVO X Brake Pads Combo. they do squeak at times but not often personally to complain. this is our second evo x and we used this same set on both of them.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 05:52 PM
Gold Sponsor

Thanks for the mention! We do have the Hawk HPS Front + Rear Combo Deal and it's our absolute best seller in terms of brake pads. Some customers try to find cheaper pads, but in our experience it's definitely better going with Hawk HPS once and you're not going to have to worry about quality or durability.

If you have any questions or need any help, make sure to message us!

Warm regards,
Dan
Lancershop.com
Old Jan 17, 2017, 07:03 PM

Race car means money spend it first. Thank yourself later
Old Jan 20, 2017, 01:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine squeaks ALOT. gotten used to it by now. When it's time to replace, I will be getting either Hawk HPS or DS2500.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 06:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Performance Friction 1001.11 front
Girodisc SS or Ferodo DS2500 rear
Just a suggestion..
Old Feb 15, 2017, 01:32 PM

I have akebonos and they are pretty good.

Quick Reply: Bad squeaking breaks so i need recommended aftermarket brake pads