Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

3 piece wheel

Old Dec 19, 2014, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
3 piece wheel

I am looking into ccw lm5t wheels. they are 18x10.5, but they are also a 3 piece wheel. Not familiar with 3 piece wheels at all, so what are some pros and cons about them? and will they still work with the oem brembos?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 03:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm personally not too into the whole CCW LM5T/ROTIFORM TMB look, however, I will address your question.

I think one of the only downsides to a 3 piece wheel is the weight. They are usually quite a bit heavier than a monoblock wheel.

As far as pros, the large advantage to a 3 piece is that it can be rebarreled to any width/offset you want.

Also as long as you have the right offset, any wheel can clear your brakes.. If you're skeptical about the size, contact whoever you are getting your wheels through and they'll give you a minimum offset for clearance.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by spilnerevo
I'm personally not too into the whole CCW LM5T/ROTIFORM TMB look, however, I will address your question.

I think one of the only downsides to a 3 piece wheel is the weight. They are usually quite a bit heavier than a monoblock wheel.

As far as pros, the large advantage to a 3 piece is that it can be rebarreled to any width/offset you want.

Also as long as you have the right offset, any wheel can clear your brakes.. If you're skeptical about the size, contact whoever you are getting your wheels through and they'll give you a minimum offset for clearance.
thank you sir, that was the exact answer i was looking for but i contacted ccw directly and they go by lip size (inches) and said the front can only have a 2 inch lip while the rears can have a 3.5 or 4 inch lip. im kind of skeptical running two different offsets basically, even though it is just the offset, not the wheel width.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 05:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, staggered offsets are pretty common..
Old Dec 20, 2014, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The issue with 3-piece wheels on cars like ours is usually clearing the face of the caliper.