Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Tpms question!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2015, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Tpms question!

So i bought another set of wheels and had the sensors moved over to them no problem. So the stock rims i have left over now i was going to use them as my track wheels but i dont really want to go through the trouble of buying more tpms sensors and getting them programed. So if i just mount my tires on them and deal with the tpms light while on the track will i still be able to turn off traction control and have abs work like usual?
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
^^^ yes.

i've been running without those stupid sensors for years. It's not as big of a deal as everyone makes it out to be. You simply have to aknowledge the "tpms warning" everytime you turn on the vehicle (it becomes second nature and part of your start-up routine).

After you ignore the alarm it doesn't impact anything. ASC off, and off-off, still work per usual. ABS works normal as well.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Thanks! Yea i have them on my regular wheels but i didnt think it was worth spending extra for more sensors just for some track wheels.. id rather spend that money on brakes or anything else besides pointless sensors since i would be closely monitoring my own air pressures.