Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Swift Spec-R vs H&R springs.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swift Spec-R vs H&R springs.

I currently have the swift spec-r's installed and I love the ride but I always feel like there is slightly more wheel gap in the front than the rear and it really bugs me. I'd like to go a little lower, and from what I can see the H&R springs have a nice even low ride height but I'm worried if there is any quality difference between the two? The swifts seem to sell for upwards of $500 where the H&R's are around $200. Can anyone chime in if it's worth changing or if there is a fix to the front being higher than the rear. Thanks.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm pretty sure the front is always higher than the rear. I think it looks odd when the front is the same height as the rear. It makes the car look like it's always leaning forward like a fastback.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 06:20 PM

I have the Swifts and I think they look great.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 09:14 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
I run the H&R springs the front wheel gap is also 1 finger width larger than the rear. I have a hair less than 2 fingers in the front and 1 in the rear. The drop is great and low enough but not too low for DD I have no issues with speed bumps. The ride is great, the stock springs were plenty stiff these are just a little stiffer.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by sik_z33
I run the H&R springs the front wheel gap is also 1 finger width larger than the rear. I have a hair less than 2 fingers in the front and 1 in the rear. The drop is great and low enough but not too low for DD I have no issues with speed bumps. The ride is great, the stock springs were plenty stiff these are just a little stiffer.
Could you post a picture, maybe with a ruler, so I can see where you're sitting?
Old Apr 4, 2015, 08:13 PM

Just installed h&r springs. Not sure on the difference in fender gap front to rear. I'll check that out tomorrow. But I'm very pleased with the drop and the ride of the h&r springs!

Last edited by Bigdawgmotors; Apr 5, 2015 at 08:42 AM.