Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Tire Pressure Display

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2016, 06:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire Pressure Display

Hey all,

Last year at the track, I neglected to reinflate my tires on the second, colder day. I ran the tires much lower than they should have been wore way too far on to the sides of the tire. My mistake for thinking they'd warm up quickly out there.

But I have tpms sensors. Are there any gauges that I can get for real time display of the pressure data? It'd be awesome to pull in to the pits and know if I need to change a tire pressure before I even get out of the car.

I have a 2014 X GSR which seemingly doesn't provide a lick of useful information on that fancy LCD screen :/
Old Jan 16, 2016, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by Player0
Hey all,

Last year at the track, I neglected to reinflate my tires on the second, colder day. I ran the tires much lower than they should have been wore way too far on to the sides of the tire. My mistake for thinking they'd warm up quickly out there.

But I have tpms sensors. Are there any gauges that I can get for real time display of the pressure data? It'd be awesome to pull in to the pits and know if I need to change a tire pressure before I even get out of the car.

I have a 2014 X GSR which seemingly doesn't provide a lick of useful information on that fancy LCD screen :/
I wouldn't trust a kit to tell me my pressures. The best way to get that info is to attain it your self. Same with tire temps. Get a nice pressure gauge and start taking notes.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 05:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I have a nice pyrometer, pressure gauge, etc. That all works fine. So is TPMS not accurate enough then?

Really, it'd be nice just to have a gross estimate while driving. Like that first lap, if I'm at like 45PSI suddenly, it'd be nice to know before things go greasy. It's hard to dial in the mornings when the track is cold.