Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

BMW M3 vs. Evo IX MR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW M3 vs. Evo IX MR

So i had a choice between a Used (current body 03-05) BMW M3, or a brand new Evo IX MR. After a long debate with myself, i kept considering the Evo would be better off for me, and all my buddys think im crazy. I figured im not that "classy" of a person, never buy many expensive things.. and i dont really like to show off much, thats all my brother, he just baught a new Lexus ES350.

Most of my friends havent even heard of an Evo.. they give me the look when i tell them what i want.

Any way, although an M3 is faster, more luxurious.. bigger name.. better resale value.. Do you think im crazy for picking a Mitsubishi over BMW?
Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:18 PM
Rnm
Evolved Member

M3 is faster? LOL
Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Rnm
M3 is faster? LOL
highway yes
Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"M3 is faster " where did you get that ?? My friends 2003 M3 have a lot of problem,even he got it brand new, prepare some money to fix your used M3, btw I beat my friends M3 all the time, may be he can't drive
Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:19 PM
Rnm
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Emo-lution
highway yes
Guess mine is a freak then lol...
Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AhmadHasib
So i had a choice between a Used (current body 03-05) BMW M3, or a brand new Evo IX MR. After a long debate with myself, i kept considering the Evo would be better off for me, and all my buddys think im crazy. I figured im not that "classy" of a person, never buy many expensive things.. and i dont really like to show off much, thats all my brother, he just baught a new Lexus ES350.

Most of my friends havent even heard of an Evo.. they give me the look when i tell them what i want.

Any way, although an M3 is faster, more luxurious.. bigger name.. better resale value.. Do you think im crazy for picking a Mitsubishi over BMW?

Well to each his own I had a 2003 M3 before my Evo. Evo I think is more of a pure rally car and the M3 more of a great all around GT. Evo is modable were the m3 is no with out spending a arm and leg. Also if you need to drive through snow the EVO would do much better. Mitsubishi offers a 10/1000 and a M3 with out warrenty is very costy to up keep. Being a MR that you are looking at well it should hold it's value better compared to the GSR or RS. I would always go with the car I can afford new over getting a used car because it's a crap shoot.

Anyway good luck. I have drive a few MRs and they are well ahead in terms of GTness then the GSR or RS.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Emo-lution
highway yes
Have you ever ran one? I've ran 3. And I won both from a stop and on the highway. So I'll disagree for the win please. CIRCLE GETS TEH SQUAREE!!
Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

i murder them thing on the parkway, quarter, handling where ever
360 to da wheel
Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bluebyu36
i murder them thing on the parkway, quarter, handling where ever
360 to da wheel
To da wheel eh? What about the other 3? lol

My car is basically stock, and I still beat em.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:26 PM
Evolving Member

bmw m3...faster than evo mr...nah is the other way around...dont get me wrong the m3 is pretty nice (interior and exterior)...but it seems to be overpriced for what you get!!!...the evo on the other hand is more for the sport minded road racing track oriented guys...if thats what you are...the interior on the evo is pretty cheap but it doesnt really bother me much because it just makes things easier when installing aftermarket items...its up to you though...buying an evo is probably going to be the best decision i made thus far...
Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

I was in the same dilemna that you are in now. Stock vs. Stock...its purely personal preference. SCC did a shootout that included the E46 M3 and the 2003 Evo. The end result was about even in terms of performance, with the M3 edging the Evo in the 1/4 mile. However...in the slalom I think there was a 5mph difference between the two (the Evo being higher) and in the road course the Evo was about 2-3 seconds faster (Buttonwillow I think).

But, the big question is...what are you going to use it for? If you're a track junkie..I'd say the Evo hands down. If you're looking for something on the more luxurious side...the M3 wins. Its really up to you. I personally don't regret my decision.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

I have never driven an M3. Is a stock Evo significantly faster?
Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AhmadHasib
LOL!
Not faster.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

I killed my brother's M3 too many times now.... they no longer consider a threat to me anymore.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

BMW M3 is not faster, it is more luxurious and that is about it. Stock vs stock Evo IX MR comes out on top. I just got my IX MR 2 months ago and there is very little competition on the road.

You did the right thing getting the IX MR. The turbo is great for stock not to mention the 6 speed trans with a close ratio. Not the best looking car but definately a performer.

Last edited by Earthen; Jun 21, 2006 at 12:39 PM.

Quick Reply: BMW M3 vs. Evo IX MR