Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Evo IX non hid to HID conversion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2007, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo IX non hid to HID conversion

Hey all,

I had an evo IX non hid and converted them into hid projectors from an VIII. I also used a 9006 connection adapter with a D2S bulb on the other end. Works fine.

A buddy of mine just got some IX hid headlamps, and also has a non HID version.
I know a little splicing might be involved, however I was wondering if it is possible to remove the headlight connection harness from the non hid headlights to the hid ones?

Also, I saw a thread on which wires to splice to get the hid's connected on a non hid car, I just cant seem to find it. Any input would be greatly appriciated.

BTW, we are not using the oem ballast, we are using one from a lexus with a 9006 adapter. Thats the reason why we are trying to see if the harness comes clean off the headlight?

Thank guys!
Old Mar 6, 2007, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

Do yourself a favor and buy some aftermarket HID kit from a good reliable place. It will save you the headaches.

Last edited by civicevo380; Mar 6, 2007 at 12:14 PM. Reason: na
Old Mar 10, 2007, 10:38 PM

The only problem with that is, the IX hid healights has a gaping hole where the hid's should be mounted. Also did the MR headlights have fogs?
Old Mar 11, 2007, 11:46 AM

Yes. The MR has foglights.

I purchased a hid kit from xenonpros.com They have plug and play kits for our cars. Just give them a call. I'll put up some pics after install.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gqpenguin
Hey all,

I had an evo IX non hid and converted them into hid projectors from an VIII. I also used a 9006 connection adapter with a D2S bulb on the other end. Works fine.

A buddy of mine just got some IX hid headlamps, and also has a non HID version.
I know a little splicing might be involved, however I was wondering if it is possible to remove the headlight connection harness from the non hid headlights to the hid ones?

Also, I saw a thread on which wires to splice to get the hid's connected on a non hid car, I just cant seem to find it. Any input would be greatly appriciated.

BTW, we are not using the oem ballast, we are using one from a lexus with a 9006 adapter. Thats the reason why we are trying to see if the harness comes clean off the headlight?

Thank guys!
yes it is, everything fits if they are both OEM US lights, i went and did the same thing with my JDM MR 8 headlights and still i ended up cutting the parking light bulb socket off to go on to the other harness to have everything fit correctly, if you dont like splicing, i would suggest cut the wires evenly, go buy some of those blue connecters from discount auto and then after both ends are in you put a light to it and it closes the connecters right up. worked like a charm for me.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 11:55 AM

Sounds good, for the GSR owners, where did you guys splice to get power for the H11 fogs?

I was thinking about maybe a parking light, so everytime the headlights turn on, the fogs will?
Old Mar 19, 2007, 08:50 PM

On replacing hid projectors into non-hid headlights, are there any cutting/modifying the non-hid headlight assembly? Is it a direct fit?

I have non-hids and want to perform this task, but need some guidance. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Old Mar 21, 2007, 09:53 AM

no u need the MR headlights to fit the d2s bulbs, **** messing around with the headlights In my opinion, once u get the MR head lights its just a matter of finding out which wire does what on the car and the head light
for example
find out which wire is used for the turning signal, high/low beams...ect.

Whatever u do dont **** up the HID ballast wiring. its usually black wiring. Time consuming but very easy if u have some basic electrical knowledge.

I did this back in november
Old Feb 4, 2017, 05:50 PM

I know this is opening up a super old post so can 9 mr lights just plug straight into an 8 non hid headlights or do you have to adjust. Sorry for dumb question.