Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

HID's

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2010, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HID's

not so new here but i didnt know where to post this silly question

some one has gotten me these hid bulbs because i wanted hids for my car so they were nice to get them as a gift BUT they are just the bulbs
something like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

i give them kudos for getting the right size/fit and all but i dont have a hid kit on my car just the standard halogen

for the bulbs to work i would need something like this correct
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-C...Q5fAccessories

TIA
-Steven
Old Nov 4, 2010, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

No. Those are plug in play into your current harness. You would not need a hid conversion kit. Those are oem lights just in a different color(kelvan). If they look exactly like the ones in the picture.

Also, as an fyi. Here are some hid kits.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W
Old Nov 4, 2010, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

thanks for the quick reply, now i dont feel so bad for the person that they got me the stuff and didnt waste the money
Old Nov 4, 2010, 09:03 PM
Evolving Member

No. Problem. Most hid kits are 35watt or 55 watt. The bulbs they bought you require 80-100 watt which I believe is oem. If not a bit higher.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 05:08 AM
Evolving Member

Go with ddmtuning.com. I have a 55W kit and it works awesome. Lifetime warranty is also very good. I broke my ballast (my fault) and they just send me the new one. They are awesome.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 07:24 AM

that k (kelvin) do you have??
Old Nov 7, 2010, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

6000k 55w are the most popular. I have (will be recievimg) 35w 6000k.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

ok well i came home and found a little box with light globes in them and im like sweet install them and would be good to go ... but coz god hates me im sitting here typing how bad things went

here are the bulbs:

9007 like the ones i ordered, like the ones that are supposedly for the CH lancer series, but i guess japan thought it would be funny to make my car with different headlights, they are not the specs for my car ...

i found this out after spending ages trying to pull the wiring harness off the back of the bulb which was really freaking hard, i thought that i was supposed to pull the bulb out from there but i was wrong, felt like there was a spring or something holding it in coz i could pull the bulb a little but then it would snap back into place, anyways after getting the harness off(also after a failed attempt to take off the front bumper so i could remove the headlight casing and get at it better) i notice the pin pattern does not match the bulbs:

so i put it all back together and notice from the front of the headlight in little print there is a number "H4" ... which i found corresponds to 9003 size bulb not the 9007 i bought, so now have to buy some more

synopsis: FML ...

Last edited by stEVOx; Nov 15, 2010 at 09:44 PM. Reason: change
Old Nov 15, 2010, 10:55 PM
Evolving Member

hit up bergen automotive on here. they should be able to solve your problem. great to deal with as well.

Originally Posted by stEVOx
ok well i came home and found a little box with light globes in them and im like sweet install them and would be good to go ... but coz god hates me im sitting here typing how bad things went

here are the bulbs:

9007 like the ones i ordered, like the ones that are supposedly for the CH lancer series, but i guess japan thought it would be funny to make my car with different headlights, they are not the specs for my car ...

i found this out after spending ages trying to pull the wiring harness off the back of the bulb which was really freaking hard, i thought that i was supposed to pull the bulb out from there but i was wrong, felt like there was a spring or something holding it in coz i could pull the bulb a little but then it would snap back into place, anyways after getting the harness off(also after a failed attempt to take off the front bumper so i could remove the headlight casing and get at it better) i notice the pin pattern does not match the bulbs:

so i put it all back together and notice from the front of the headlight in little print there is a number "H4" ... which i found corresponds to 9003 size bulb not the 9007 i bought, so now have to buy some more

synopsis: FML ...
Old Jun 15, 2011, 01:53 AM

http://www.vvme.com/12v-5055w-h7-hid...-kit-p-87.html, i have installed this 55W VVME HID Bulb for 3 months, everythining is OK.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by tanyue123
http://www.vvme.com/12v-5055w-h7-hid...-kit-p-87.html, i have installed this 55W VVME HID Bulb for 3 months, everythining is OK.
ohh,i have install this hid bulb. the customer service is so good . sweety sound .
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:19 AM

ohh,i like this post ,so interesting and helpful for me .
Old Sep 29, 2011, 02:36 AM

ohh,i like this post ,so interesting and helpful for me .
Old Feb 13, 2012, 11:21 PM

this looks good. i always buy hid kit from ebay too. some brand are free shipping.
i mean some big brand,such as VVME ebay.