Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

You know you drive an EVO when...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2014, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got another one:

You park like this:

You know you drive an EVO when...-cwhjo3d.jpg

Last edited by Ancyker; Oct 30, 2014 at 10:53 PM.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 03:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i would never park like that. Thats a good reason to get your car messed with.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 09:32 AM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
^I've only seen that once, and it was a beat up vette
Old Nov 1, 2014, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Ancyker
I got another one:

You park like this:

couldn't agree more. My wife never understands why I park the farthest away in every parking lot I go to.

Some people will never understand.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Parking far away is one thing. Taking up 4 spots... Whole other level of douchebaggery
Old Nov 1, 2014, 09:14 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by daytonamitsu
"You know you are older and own an evo when your co workers say "how old are you again" when they see your car.

This is my fave... bought it for my 56th b'day.. last month. Had an FR-S- fun to drive but the GSR is a rocket! Lookin' over the many mods and trying to decide if suspension or engine will be first...
FWIW, I'm 51. Drove my IX off the lot 8 years ago. No one ever questions why I choose to drive an Evolution. It's a question of attitude, not age.

Old Nov 2, 2014, 04:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Raptord
Parking far away is one thing. Taking up 4 spots... Whole other level of douchebaggery
That's only at work. Many, many, bad drivers at work, sadly. You'd think there would be a less likely chance of dings at your place of employment, but it's actually higher. My old car got quite a few door dings -- all at work. A friend of mine got a ding in his bumper when someone backing out hit it. Been driving about 11 years now and never got a door ding, until 2 years ago when I started working where I do now.

I actually showed that pic to my boss and said "This is how I'm parking now, ok?" and his exact words: "That's how I'd park if I had a car like that. People here cannot drive."

In their defense, most of the parking spots in this area are oversized because a lot of people drive large pickups and SUVs, and the parking spots at work are car sized. If 2 pickups park next to each other at work, they will likely door ding each other. And really it'd be hard not to. I'll take a pic next time, it's crazy.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 09:44 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Ancyker
That's only at work. Many, many, bad drivers at work, sadly. You'd think there would be a less likely chance of dings at your place of employment, but it's actually higher. My old car got quite a few door dings -- all at work. A friend of mine got a ding in his bumper when someone backing out hit it. Been driving about 11 years now and never got a door ding, until 2 years ago when I started working where I do now.

I actually showed that pic to my boss and said "This is how I'm parking now, ok?" and his exact words: "That's how I'd park if I had a car like that. People here cannot drive."

In their defense, most of the parking spots in this area are oversized because a lot of people drive large pickups and SUVs, and the parking spots at work are car sized. If 2 pickups park next to each other at work, they will likely door ding each other. And really it'd be hard not to. I'll take a pic next time, it's crazy.

Congrats on your evo we are lucky to own these cars!
Old Nov 16, 2014, 07:54 AM

when you get so tired of the hood rats at the local meets asking if its turbo and if you want to run them, you just start telling them its a v6 mustang
Old Nov 26, 2014, 07:50 PM

Smile Never ending Evolution

You know you drive an Evo when you know you have a perfect car but still find time to go to autoshops looking to add something or other to engine, body, stereo etc.....

The shops here love me, I reckon I funded their kids university fees and probably a chunk of change left over.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 04:07 PM

... When you stop looking at your dash in the winter because you don't want to see the tpms warning from your winter tires.