Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Evo IX 9 What is the Best OIl??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2012, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo IX 9 What is the Best OIl??

I hear all these different things about oils like use royal purple or mobile 1 10w30 or 5w30 always but who knows the real answer to this question?
Old Oct 5, 2012, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
There is no best. Stick with a synthetic and regular changes and you'll never have an oil related issue PERIOD.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 11:31 AM

This is like asking what is the best color to have, your going to get a million different answers on here. Just like mentioned above, go with a good synthetic and change it regularly. I personally use Amsoil but have also used Mobile 1 in the past and never had a problem with either.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
If it's stock engine use Mobile 1 Full Synthetic 10W30.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 12:11 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old Oct 6, 2012, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by apagan01
Not the best, actually it's ****ing annoying.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
There is no best. Stick with a synthetic and regular changes and you'll never have an oil related issue PERIOD.
Yessir.

I stick with 10w-30 all year round.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 07:01 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Join this forum & read the opinions /facts

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums...s.php?ubb=cfrm
Old Oct 6, 2012, 09:38 AM

thank you for all the help i am gonna stick with the synthetic 10w30 mobile 1 i guess its a really good racing brand also.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 01:56 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by ghost253
I hear all these different things about oils like use royal purple or mobile 1 10w30 or 5w30 always but who knows the real answer to this question?
Mobil hydrocracked oil group 3, AMSOIL Easter oil group 4. You do the math.
The difference is seen in better MPG, increased reliability specially from the turbo.
Technologies for oils have advanced amazingly companies like AMSOIL and Motul have taken advantage of them.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
best oil for your motor/turbo is brad penn.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ghost253
thank you for all the help i am gonna stick with the synthetic 10w30 mobile 1 i guess its a really good racing brand also.
Mobil hydrocracked oil group 3, AMSOIL Easter oil group 4. You do the math.
The difference is seen in better MPG, increased reliability specially from the turbo.
Technologies for oils have advanced amazingly companies like AMSOIL and Motul have taken advantage of them.
Ghost please disregard bolded as simply put it is utter bull****. Your stock engine and turbos life will not suffer, nor will you see some magic MPG increase using AMSOIL over M1.

Like I said it's annoying at best
Old Oct 6, 2012, 02:30 PM
Account Disabled

Ghost please disregard bolded as simply put it is utter bull****. Your stock engine and turbos life will not suffer, nor will you see some magic MPG increase using AMSOIL over M1.

Like I said it's annoying at best
Oh my here we go again with mr gsrboi, man you are like that speed bump that shows up once in a while that I forget to slow down for

You sir have no experience, all you bring in here are opinions. Your arrogance and ignorance is what is devastating here. Why don't you do some research run labs on your oils and come to these forums and try and prove science wrong, prove to us the new oils are not inferior.
His motor and turbo WILL benefit from an oil that is not hydrocracked there is no question about that, and that has a good strong ZDDP package. This is an area that people much smarter than you have understood, engine builders, shops, and heavy racers in this same forum.
Talk to any racing team all the way from NASCAR to the small one man operation, talk to any real gear head about the importance of ZDDP. You will find out that there were some things you missed along your learning path.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Oh my here we go again with mr gsrboi, man you are like that speed bump that shows up once in a while that I forget to slow down for

You sir have no experience, all you bring in here are opinions. Your arrogance and ignorance is what is devastating here. Why don't you do some research run labs on your oils and come to these forums and try and prove science wrong, prove to us the new oils are not inferior.
His motor and turbo WILL benefit from an oil that is not hydrocracked there is no question about that, and that has a good strong ZDDP package. This is an area that people much smarter than you have understood, engine builders, shops, and heavy racers in this same forum.
Talk to any racing team all the way from NASCAR to the small one man operation, talk to any real gear head about the importance of ZDDP. You will find out that there were some things you missed along your learning path.
So you are going to sit here and still feed your salesman bull**** that by not running an oil with grossly elevated levels of ZDDP in his modern day street car that he will sacrifice engine and turbo life.

My god what a frigging joke.

I have run plenty of UOA's over the years with no issues to speak of and have had no oil related issues with my real world, high milage, non factory turbo car ever. Nor will I.

You're a salesman I get that, but the scare tactics and frankly AMSOILS whole marketing scheme is again utter bull****.

Have fun with the sheep
Old Oct 6, 2012, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So you are going to sit here and still feed your salesman bull**** that by not running an oil with grossly elevated levels of ZDDP in his modern day street car that he will sacrifice engine and turbo life.

My god what a frigging joke.

I have run plenty of UOA's over the years with no issues to speak of and have had no oil related issues with my real world, high milage, non factory turbo car ever. Nor will I.

You're a salesman I get that, but the scare tactics and frankly AMSOILS whole marketing scheme is again utter bull****.

Have fun with the sheep
Something funny with your comments.... every.... EVERY oil company makes claims like that regardless. So do tire manufacturers, brake manufacturers.... everyone's products "make" cars last longer, run stronger.

Everyone also has their favorite products to use and swear it's the only thing you should run, regardless....

Why don't you stop insulting folks.... and grow up

Quick Reply: Evo IX 9 What is the Best OIl??