Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New 2012 Lancer GT Owner

Old Mar 15, 2013, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 2012 Lancer GT Owner

Hey guys, I just bought my first brand new car ever, a 2012 Lancer GT and I'm loving it but it still feels surreal lol. Only downer is that its an automatic or Sportronic and not a manual but I had no control because I have a baby on the way and my wife needs to be able to drive the car. I had an 04 Eclipse which is small and I still have my 00 Prelude so 2 small cars and that's why I had to get a bigger automatic car. I always wanted an EVO but that will have to wait a couple years down the road.

I do have one question, what do you guys think about the sportronic? vs manual?

Anyways any other Lancer owners I'm welcome for any tips and tricks or any other suggestions as far as stuff I can add to the car to make it look nicer, starter stuff but I am planning to get 10% tints all the way around, Halo headlights and HIDs.

Old Mar 16, 2013, 05:45 AM

Welcome to the forum!!!

Congratulations on the baby.

To answer your question i've only driven the Sportstronic tranny once and it was fun. That's all i have. I'll never leave my manual tranny. I actually showed my gf how to drive manual so i wouldn't switch lol
Old Mar 16, 2013, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by blasting_speed
Welcome to the forum!!!

Congratulations on the baby.

To answer your question i've only driven the Sportstronic tranny once and it was fun. That's all i have. I'll never leave my manual tranny. I actually showed my gf how to drive manual so i wouldn't switch lol
Thank you!

I thought about teaching my wife but she can get very distracted sometimes and I have no patience when it comes to teaching especially a woman. I just thought the baby could be an issue if it needs something and she needs to turn to the back seat and fix stuff; I just don't trust her driving skills that much lol.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 03:26 PM

Nice! Congrats on the new car

You'll have a lot of fun

I think the CVT is chill. I use to have the Ralliart with the SST and I really liked it. I do miss the SST though. What are your plans with the new car?
Old Mar 16, 2013, 03:46 PM
MLT

Pics please
Old Mar 16, 2013, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by OherrOderr
Nice! Congrats on the new car

You'll have a lot of fun

I think the CVT is chill. I use to have the Ralliart with the SST and I really liked it. I do miss the SST though. What are your plans with the new car?
I've yet to use the SST except for like a quick 20 secs to check it out but just felt a bit weird, I have to test it out more. As plans goes I will prolly do some minor tweaks in the engine just for looks (sway bar, intake, spark plug wires) and whatever ideas I find around the site. I need to get tints and HIDs with some halo headlights to start off. I'm basically still in the process of thinking what else to add. Got any suggestions?

Originally Posted by MLT
Pics please
Hold on let me figure it out
Old Mar 16, 2013, 04:58 PM

Last edited by Nego; Mar 16, 2013 at 05:00 PM.