Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

mechanic, new to evo's

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2014, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mechanic, new to evo's

What's up guys, my names Bogdan, diesel tech in long island NY, 23, currently drive a 7th gen accord and the garage has a 86 mk2 gti im working on to become my milage car to go to work and back since I do about 50-60 miles daily on my work commute. I'm that kid in a Honda that's givin u a thumbs up at the light instead of reving my stock engine at you lol. FWD never did it for me but I had to stay in my financial lane. Always had a thing for evos since my father spent a few years in rally racing back in europe before I was born. The renault 5 was always my fathers forbidden fruit so to speak, when that car started running in his class, he dropped out. He always told me he quit racing cause mom was preggers with me but I know he just knew his time was up and he wanted to quit while he was still on top (national champ twice, romania, unsure of the years prob late 70s). With that said, the evo was always my forbidden fruit. Forbidden to me due to the cost of the car, and the insurance. However now I've got a side job on top of my diesel tech job, so ill be able to save about 6-8k in a few months, and my accord should sell for another 8 so that leaves me with about 15k which is right around the avg price for a decent VIII.... I'm 23 and I've had my own insurance for a while now so insurance shouldn't be unbearable on an evo for me anymore. I remember looking into it a few years ago and geico was asking over $1,100 a month for liability. I had a crazy accident at 18. Crazy is an understatement when comparing financial damages I caused. But now my insurance is way lower. I'm looking forward to learning a lot here so when I go buy my evo ill be able to spot the goods and bads... aside from that, thanks for reading my lifestory I guess, lifetime movie coming soon LOL
Old Jan 28, 2014, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Good luck man! Always keep some money for unexpected repair/maintenance. Don't put it all on the car.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ev0ikon
Good luck man! Always keep some money for unexpected repair/maintenance. Don't put it all on the car.
Oh yea of course I was just referring to the basic plan as to actually getting an evo. Ill need extra money cause most likely ill get one from a highway mostly state like florida or somethin... either way as soon as I get it home all fluids, filters, belts, plugs, tensioners are getting changed, all the sensors are getting cleaned and inspected, new o2s, any fuel components worn will be replaced too.. I promised my girl that once I get the evo we can settle down and buy an apartment or house so I wanna make sure any money going to the car will be for goodies, not repairs.