Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New from PA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2014, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New from PA

Hey everyone new to the forum and evos but I've had a few turbo cars, just on to learn as much as I can maybe ask some questions.

I'm the new owner of a 2006 Evolution IX SE in dark grey

Last edited by French-frye; Nov 27, 2014 at 08:06 AM.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
welcome. is it stock?
Old Nov 27, 2014, 08:08 AM

Sorry pictures aren't that good and the cars a little dirty but once I get it cleaned and detailed within the next two weeks I'll post more pics, hope you guys like it
Old Nov 27, 2014, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Bhsj13
welcome. is it stock?
Thanks! And It has a eBay front mount and a diverter valve, gauges (fuel pres, volts, and boost) it doesn't look like a stock turbo but I'm new to evos so I'm not 100% sure
Old Nov 27, 2014, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

How many miles? Looking at the engine pic it looks rough and tired.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 06:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome!! Now get rid of all that Injen crap
Old Nov 28, 2014, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by erald01
How many miles? Looking at the engine pic it looks rough and tired.
65k miles and yes she very dirty but I hope she cleans up, and I'm looking into another intercooler kit but being new to evos Idk the brands people trust, any suggestions? I saw one by ETS? I think?
Old Nov 28, 2014, 07:39 PM

Idk if they never ever cleaned it or what but the interior is very dirty as well, no tears or anything in the seats just dirty and dusty. But it has a few issues that I need to address
Old Nov 28, 2014, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

Damned it must suck to live back East. Look at all the rust on that thing! Being in Cali I will never see anything like that! Snow sucks also!!!! It was 70 degrees here today! No snow to be seen anywhere which is GREAT!!!!

As far as the poster above saying get rid of the injen don't pay any mind to them. Pipe is pipe. It doesn't matter if it's stamped ETS or any other shop. It is a good quality piece that flows better than stock.

Just one question though. Seeing how you are new to the scene how would you know if the turbo was stock or not? Dollars to donuts it is stock. It looks as if it's just minor bolt on stuff. Doesn't look like they would have sprung for a turbo. Just a guess from the pictures but I could be wrong.

Hope it looks better when it's clean!

HAHA just noticed you are in PA and neighbor city (Hershey) to where my ex moved. Glad she is there also.

Last edited by Cal City Evo; Nov 28, 2014 at 08:23 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 06:27 AM

According to you, "pipe is pipe" so... then all that research and development our vendors do to provide the HIGHEST quality parts for our vehicles is irrelevant?

To the OP, I only recommended against it because the LICP is longer than say the ETS LICP therefore, and it has been proven, you will experience a measurable horsepower loss with the Injen piping.

I have also had the injen piping and have not had the BEST fitment. My UPIC used to constantly blow off regardless of coupling and clamp. I do not like to modify a kit I spend my hard earned money on to make it fit PROPERLY.

Sorry for putting my input to help a fellow member. No need to disregard my suggestions. Only trying to help
Old Nov 29, 2014, 10:14 AM

nice evo glad i live in florida though
Old Nov 29, 2014, 10:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice choice! I also have a gg evo 9 SE in PA!
Old Nov 29, 2014, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Cal City Evo
Damned it must suck to live back East. Look at all the rust on that thing! Being in Cali I will never see anything like that! Snow sucks also!!!! It was 70 degrees here today! No snow to be seen anywhere which is GREAT!!!!

As far as the poster above saying get rid of the injen don't pay any mind to them. Pipe is pipe. It doesn't matter if it's stamped ETS or any other shop. It is a good quality piece that flows better than stock.

Just one question though. Seeing how you are new to the scene how would you know if the turbo was stock or not? Dollars to donuts it is stock. It looks as if it's just minor bolt on stuff. Doesn't look like they would have sprung for a turbo. Just a guess from the pictures but I could be wrong.

Hope it looks better when it's clean!

HAHA just noticed you are in PA and neighbor city (Hershey) to where my ex moved. Glad she is there also.
Lol yeah snow and rust suck but hopefully I can undercoat everything and keep it nicer underneath, and as far as being new to evos I have a friend who has built a few 4g63's look at it before I bought it and he says the turbo isn't stock and I can't read the name plate but it is def does not look like a stock compressor housing but like i said idk 100% so it might be he has an evo vIII byt once I pull the piping I'll be able to check it. I need to get new piping because one is cracked causing a boost leak under the bov

Last edited by French-frye; Nov 29, 2014 at 12:38 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by VR4Babe13
According to you, "pipe is pipe" so... then all that research and development our vendors do to provide the HIGHEST quality parts for our vehicles is irrelevant?

To the OP, I only recommended against it because the LICP is longer than say the ETS LICP therefore, and it has been proven, you will experience a measurable horsepower loss with the Injen piping.

I have also had the injen piping and have not had the BEST fitment. My UPIC used to constantly blow off regardless of coupling and clamp. I do not like to modify a kit I spend my hard earned money on to make it fit PROPERLY.

Sorry for putting my input to help a fellow member. No need to disregard my suggestions. Only trying to help
I'd like a new kit anyway the intercooler that is on it is bent up (happened when the PO hit the lip on something) it bent up the intercooler. Any you guys would suggest that makes a full kit? Intercooler, piping, and couplers that is good quality, performance, and retains factory bumper beam (a lot of kits I see you gotta modify bumper and beam and I would rather keep it that way
Old Dec 1, 2014, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by French-frye
I'd like a new kit anyway the intercooler that is on it is bent up (happened when the PO hit the lip on something) it bent up the intercooler. Any you guys would suggest that makes a full kit? Intercooler, piping, and couplers that is good quality, performance, and retains factory bumper beam (a lot of kits I see you gotta modify bumper and beam and I would rather keep it that way
I have a full ETS kit and I love it, however STM did have to fab up some piping for me (because of my turbo kit) regardless, its great. Being completely stock and upgrading all your piping is great, but getting a bigger intercooler may cost you a little bit in performance. It is, however a great start and you will need all of that when you start modding anyway. I dont think you are too far from me. If you ever need any help, advice, questions, anything dont hesitate to ask. PM, instagram, whatever works for you. Your evo looks great just needs a little love andn ow that you have her I am sure she will be well taken care of!

Quick Reply: New from PA