Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Where does my car belong on these forums?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2015, 07:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where does my car belong on these forums?

Hello EvoM members,

Been lurking for almost three years now and decided to finally sign up.

I'm a 37 year old male from Holland, happily married and father of two beautiful kids and the owner of a 2006 Lancer wagon/sportback since 2012.

My wagon is probably a bit of an oddity for you guys because it's an EDM model that was actually built in Japan

The wagon is the same on the outside as the 2004-2006 USDM ralliart except for the front and rear bumpers and the headlights. On the inside it has a lot of similarities but a different interior trim...a combination of leather and alcantara/suede seats and leather door cards, etc.

The engine is actually a 7 bolt 4G63 DOHC 16V Naturally Aspirated and I believe the USDM models didn't come with this engine, only the EDM models.

I just started modifying the car last summer and it only has a few minor stuff done to it at the moment such as a Apexi cold air induction box behind the driverside headlight, custom piping to the Throttle body and i've been tuning the car with evoscan/ecuflash myself since november last year which has quite a good effect on performance considering this is an N/A engine.

Currently i'm waiting on a set of BC Racing coilovers that should come in next week and then within the next two/three months upgrade to 17" wheels as well.

Already learnt a lot thanks to the wealth of information on EvoM and hope to learn some more and share as well.

Have a nice weekend!
Old Feb 6, 2015, 07:30 AM

Don't have any decent pics of the car at the moment but do have some of the engine bay:

Old Feb 9, 2015, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
I'd go to the lancer forums, here you will want to read about turboing and blow off valves etc stuff i still dont understand even if i drive one lol
Old Feb 17, 2015, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by Jonno99
I'd go to the lancer forums, here you will want to read about turboing and blow off valves etc stuff i still dont understand even if i drive one lol
Cheers Jonno