Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

help

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2002, 09:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help

i currently drive a 1995 mustang GT. i have some mods done to it. it runs 12:36 in the quarter. i am selling it and buying an import. most of my friends have civic's, but i really like the lancer. therefor, most probably this week i am going to purchase a 2002 or 2003 lancer OZ. i dont know anything about imports, so thats where u guys come in. i want to put a turbo on it (atleast i would like to)if i do this, what type would be the best for me without getting too deep in the internals and about how much would this cost?. basically what i am asking is what mods can i do to this car to get maximum HP. i would like to have this car running atleast in the low 13's. what can i do to make this possible without spending waaaayyyy too much cash lol. i dont have to jump right into the 13's, but if you guys have any info, please let me know. and is this a good car to start with? i saw it only has about 120 HP, and thats not at the wheels. sorry so long, but thanks guys.
Old Aug 15, 2002, 09:18 AM

13s is going to be a hell of a stretch... Honestly, for someone who drives a v8 Mustang, you'll be much happier waiting for the Lancer EVO.

-M
Old Aug 15, 2002, 09:22 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

With the parts currently available you'd have to put a good bit of custom work in there and run a goodly amount of boost I'd imagine. It's doable...and I'd rather drive a Lancer than a Civic anyday, but I feel like you'd prolly miss your stang.

At any rate...if you get a Lancer I'd suggest getting an '02. Could prolly save some extra bucks for parts since they're the same car unless you're dying to have a factory sunroof.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old Aug 15, 2002, 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

Id Have to agree with MikeV on this one. About a turbo, contact RRM. Look for Rock on the forums, He is with RRM. Or Talk to Boni he has the RRM turbo on his lancer and from what i understand is loving it. But for Basic NA stuff, Intake, Exhaust, headers, and throttle body is ok.
Old Aug 17, 2002, 12:03 AM
Evolved Member

If you really want to some speed from an import...I don't recommend the Lancer. Have you considered maybe a GS-T or GSX Eclipse? Or an RSX/late model Integra?
Old Sep 7, 2002, 01:20 AM

I think that MikeV said it. If you can afford it and are willing to wait. I advise you to wait for the EVO. Don't get me wrong, I love my OZ rally, but, it will not have the performance capability with stock parts that a EVO has. Even if you are willing to add on a turbo, exhaust, etc... it will not be able to achieve the performance that you can get out of an evolution. On the other hand, the OZ is an excellent car for it's price range.