Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

400 to the wheels target EVO 9

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2015, 01:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
400 to the wheels target EVO 9

Hello,

I am new to the Japanese "sports" car scene and I am thinking of getting an EVO 9 as a daily driver as I love manual gearbox cars. I previously drove my cousins 03 EVO 8 and was amazed how well it drove.

Hoping to educate my self here and get to know these cars more prior to making a purchase.

I would like to get safely 350-400 to the wheels, something reliable and dependable.

How do I reach that level ?

If the car is making 350 to the wheels how much is it to the engine ?
Old Oct 22, 2015, 04:19 AM

TBE, intake, injectors, fuel pump, cams, upper/lower IC piping, boost controller, tune, and you should be right around 350 to the wheels.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 09:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by B Roharik
TBE, intake, injectors, fuel pump, cams, upper/lower IC piping, boost controller, tune, and you should be right around 350 to the wheels.
This.

I was able to hit 366 to the wheels in fairly cold weather and low humidity on a DJ and still had stock injectors and mods in my sig minus the o2 housing, fuel pump and AMS FMIC. Retune was done under high humidity and heat so was hard to compare (~350whp) though the butt dyno let me know there was an increase with the aformentioned mods added. I too am aiming for 400whp at some point but I want it on 92 octane so likely will need to make the jump to a larger stock frame turbo.

I think it is just about impossible to accurately calculate the flywheel HP from dyno numbers. There are so many differences from one car to the next no single formula is going to get you there. E.g. FWD will have far less loss whereas AWD will have significantly more due to our more complex drivetrain.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Full bolt-ons, GSC S2 cams & E85 or 98oct (if Q8 = Kuwait) should get you there.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 12:43 PM

I would like the application to be on pump gas. Yes I am located in Kuwait.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
You should have access to 98oct then right? You should be able to run like 30lb. of boost on that safely (ask your tuner). With bolt ons, head studs, and cams you should be able to get close to 400whp on the stock 9 turbo. Might need injectors & fuel pump too.

Last edited by nemsin; Oct 22, 2015 at 01:13 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 04:31 AM

also if you plan on launching the car a twin plated clutch would be a good idea. from what i know
from the exedy twin is one of the best for all around driving plus just knowing you have the extra support for the power at any point and if you want to ever go with more power then 400 whp you'll already have the support. may not be a power upgrade but good to know you have the reliability in your clutch.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 12:35 PM

also if you plan on launching the car a twin plated clutch would be a good idea. from what i know
from the exedy twin is one of the best for all around driving plus just knowing you have the extra support for the power at any point and if you want to ever go with more power then 400 whp you'll already have the support. may not be a power upgrade but good to know you have the reliability in your clutch.
I agree with you, I like to have strong components and take extra pre-cautions.

Old Oct 25, 2015, 06:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Id say act heavy duty stage 3
I have a used one i just took off cuz im puttin a os giken twin. The act HD is.amazing but if you dont have a monoloc from act ull be removing the trans pretty often. My clutch would come with the monoloc jus saying lol
Old Oct 25, 2015, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Jason Simpson
Id say act heavy duty stage 3
I have a used one i just took off cuz im puttin a os giken twin. The act HD is.amazing but if you dont have a monoloc from act ull be removing the trans pretty often. My clutch would come with the monoloc jus saying lol
PM interested in the Clutch
Old Oct 30, 2015, 04:07 AM

Same here I like to buy quality parts and take my time building my car one step at a time And you will get there
Old Oct 28, 2016, 04:25 AM

Thanks for the reply.

I might be getting an EVO in the upcoming months, I will do a PPI tomorrow on a EVO IX god willing which often most have mods over here.

What fuel pump and intake would you recommend ?

What intercooler do you suggest as well as a boost controller ? If the engine readings are strong with the compression I won't open the engine and get a camshaft.

Lets say all of these mods without camshafts what would the hp be to the wheels ?
Old Oct 28, 2016, 07:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
We can help get you to the your goals. Your going to want basically full bolt on parts like everyone has said so far.

Check out our Evo 8/9 section

- Robert
Old Oct 28, 2016, 03:45 PM

Whats a good Titanium TBE that is not too loud, can you add valves to reduce noise when police cars in the area?
Old Oct 29, 2016, 02:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Buy a clean original 9 and drive it for a while first before you think about modding

Quick Reply: 400 to the wheels target EVO 9